Status
Not open for further replies.

Brad70

Aug 28, 2004
Hi, about three weeks ago i was riding my bike at a local track, when all of a sudden the bike (coming out of a turn) made a very loud piging sound and had immedate loss of power, it would not run. Since then I have take the top end down and had no damage or problems. I replaced all the topend gaskets and the ring and then went to the flywheel. Assuming it was a timing issue ( which I still belive) the key was not sheered and every thing down there looked good. I then inspected the reed valve and carborator and everything was fine except an iffy float level. Finally I checked the CDI unit with a ohm meter off of the bike you can see my other post for the results http://dirtrider.net/forums3/showthread.php?t=103088
basically though the unit checked out alright except for the number six check in my manual which was supposed to have readings, but I recived off or 0 all through that series of checks leading me to beilve that this is the cause. Before I go and laydown the 300 for that unit i wanted to see if some one could point out an area that I might of forgot.
By the way after doing the rebuild I tried to start the bike, and all though it wanted to start with the trottle on it still had the loud pinging soud in the top end, also it sounds kinda hollow when trying to start it, but it did have compression. Please help me, I would hate to lay down 300 for that unit and it be some little thing I overlooked.
Bradley

B

biglou

Post questions only once, please. Your other thread has a reply already, we'll let that one run.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom