cyprice

Mar 2, 2003
I have read a few posts about this fairfield track but never seen it. Can someone give me a run-down? Is it that private track by the river along the road Redwood Road turns into? I have been to 5mile pass but never seen this track, somebody inform me!
Thanks,
Cyrus

motoxpress

~SPONSOR~
Oct 22, 2001
This track is located in Fairfield, which is the 'town' located at the last turn before you reach 5 mile pass. Here is a map.

It is a private track developed by a guy who has an excavation company. His son is into bikes so, he built this track and wants to see it expand into a stop on a new race series he and a few others are trying to put together (I believe the Goshen track is also going to be part of this) It is a fun track with a few technical elements. I really like the 'Gravity Bowl' which is a sequence of a small table and a kicker table. The gravity element is a dugout hole in between the two. It really shoots me up there. Overall, it's one of my favorite tracks as he takes pretty good care of it. He also waters it everyday with a truck (Which I much prefer to the Jordan River sprinklers)

GL

MX-727

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Aug 4, 2000
Yea, the Jordan River sprinklers don't quite cut it. They have repositioned most of them to avoid the jump faces and landings though.

cyprice, the track you are referring to is Posey's Kactusland or it is also called Kip's. Anyway, Posey's is suppposed to be open on Tuesdays and Thursdays.

I've got to get out to Fairfield.

cyprice

Mar 2, 2003
KactusLand, that was what I was thinking of. I have got to get out on a track this week. Fairfield sounds good. I like jordan river, but for as often as I like to ride, it gets old quickly, will be nice to have another choice without going to Delta or Price.
Cyrus

motoxpress

~SPONSOR~
Oct 22, 2001
There is another new track that is in Pleasant Grove soming soon. It should be ready in june. It's located between the Lindon and the new American Fork exits.

Frankly, we have a lot more options track-wise than even three years ago in Utah. I am feeling pretty good about the growth of the dirt bike community here in the area.

GL

cyprice

Mar 2, 2003
motoxpress, due you know the schedule for fairfield? I want to head out there Friday afternoon if it is open.
Thanks

jski

Sponsoring Member
Apr 5, 2001
There is also a track about 3 miles past Posey's just up from the gravel pit on the west side of the road. It was built about 3 years ago but failed AMA inspection because of the rocky hard packed dirt. Track is still there and o.k to ride has a starting gate and all but has never been groomed.

Top Bottom