squeaky

Roosta's Princess
Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Mar 28, 2003
Would anyone be interested in a group ride at Lost Trails on Father's Day weekend? Rooster and I want to check out Lost Trails so we figured what better time to try and resurrect the DYDR Annual Group Ride?

So...who's in?

RM_guy

Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 21, 2000
North East USA
Pencil me in. Father's day is usually a family day for me but I'll try to sneak out...

I was talking to Keith last night about to lack of enthusiasm for group rides. I can remember when we'd have 25-30 people show up for rides at Paragon. It’s mostly because there’s no place like Paragon where you can ride for the day at a reasonable rate. Yeah there is RAC but $100 for a day of riding is a bit steep and a lot of us live to far away to take advantage of the place for multiple trips in one year.

Lost Trails is nice but limited in their trails. It’s perfect for an annual get together to see old friends and do some riding but you won’t be putting in 50 mile rides without riding the same trail several times…and at my extended age that’s OK by me!!

squeaky

Roosta's Princess
Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Mar 28, 2003
LOL Dave "at my extended age..."

Our debate right now is one day of riding or two while we're down there... I'm pretty sure we'll probably go no matter what, but it would be awesome to see some old friends again!

scooter1130

Paragon Junkie
Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
May 31, 2002
Just to clarify for those who don't own a calander, that would be June 19/20. Then again, if you don't own a calander, the dates wouldnt mean anything anyway :whoa:

Rooster

Today's Tom Sawyer
Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Aug 24, 2000
Dave - as far as putting in 50 miles and seeing the same trail more than once ..... I used to put in 50 miles days in a 300 ACRE coal mine. I think I will survive.

squeaky

Roosta's Princess
Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Mar 28, 2003
Rooster and I were talking - would there be more interest if this were on another weekend? What does everyone else suggest? We're open every weekend in June except for June 12 and 13.

RM_guy

Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 21, 2000
North East USA
I'm glad you guys are talking again :nener:

It would be better for me on another weekend as long as it isn't around the 1st, seeing how that's my anniversary ;)

scooter1130

Paragon Junkie
Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
May 31, 2002
But I thought thats what your wife wanted for an anniversary present, for you to go away and leave her alone for a weekend.

Rooster

Today's Tom Sawyer
Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Aug 24, 2000
scooter1130 said:
But I thought thats what your wife wanted for an anniversary present, for you to go away and leave her alone for a weekend.

Most of them do :yell:

MrMXer327

Back in the saddle and having a blast !
LIFETIME SPONSOR
The Good Lord has blessed me with the ability to ride once again.. I picked up a YZ250f and began putting around in the fields a bit. I thought to myself, I wonder if some of the folks are still around I met thru dirtweeks I believe in 00, 01 and 02. So I fired up the PC.. found dirtrider.net and low and behold... They still kept me around... (I even remembered my PW) Dang - A lot of familiar faces still lurking about and riding. I guess I'll need to figure out where Lost Trails is..
Good to be back alll.. and good to see the familiar faces still about

Rooster

Today's Tom Sawyer
Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Aug 24, 2000
Did you really think we would all just go away? Good to see you back, hope to see you out on the trails sometime.

scooter1130

Paragon Junkie
Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
May 31, 2002
MrMXer327 said:
I guess I'll need to figure out where Lost Trails is..
Good to be back alll.. and good to see the familiar faces still about
Good to see you back, Lost trails is in the pocono mountains, a few miles from the outlets in tannersville, and camel back, if you know where they are. http://ridelosttrails.com/

Rooster

Today's Tom Sawyer
Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Aug 24, 2000
scooter - is lost trails strict about the "sparky" requirement? I may need to grab something for the YZ if they are.

scooter1130

Paragon Junkie
Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
May 31, 2002
I have never seen them check for spark arrestors. For exhausts. as long as you arent exceptionally loud, you are fine. Although a spark arrestor is always a good idea in the woods.

RM_guy

Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 21, 2000
North East USA
MrMXer327 said:
...Good to be back alll.. and good to see the familiar faces still about
Good to see you back too :) Is your son still riding? I can still remember him riding up front with me on a trail ride at Paragon and asking why we had to stop all the time and explaining to him that we had to wait for all the slower old people behind us ;) He was amazing on that little RM 65 (I think it was a 65).

CaptainObvious

Formally known as RV6Junkie
Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jan 8, 2000
Hail.

Connor have been talkin' dirtbikes lately. Problem is, we don't own any.

This will change.

scooter1130

Paragon Junkie
Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
May 31, 2002
CaptainObvious said:
Hail.

Connor have been talkin' dirtbikes lately. Problem is, we don't own any.

This will change.
Before june? :cool:

Rooster

Today's Tom Sawyer
Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Aug 24, 2000
scooter1130 said:
I have never seen them check for spark arrestors. For exhausts. as long as you arent exceptionally loud, you are fine. Although a spark arrestor is always a good idea in the woods.

Thanks, scooter. I think I will just do the right thing and put a FMF Q sparky on the smoker.

MrMXer327

Back in the saddle and having a blast !
LIFETIME SPONSOR
RM_guy said:
Is your son still riding? I can still remember him riding up front with me on a trail ride at Paragon and asking why we had to stop all the time and explaining to him that we had to wait for all the slower old people behind us ;) He was amazing on that little RM 65 (I think it was a 65).

He stopped riding pretty much to play baseball and football. Last spring he won pjw states in wrestling and wanted a bike, so I picked him up a YZ250f, so he did a bit of riding and I actually took him to do a couple C class races. He was having so much fun that I had to pick me up a YZ250f this year. Boy is my body pi$$ed at me.. LOL

So you think there would be an issue with the stock 250f exhaust on the Father's day ride?

Top Bottom