altagirl

~SPONSOR~
Mar 17, 2003
We went to Moab for the weekend, which appears to have been the right choice. The weather was great down there - a little windy, but that was only a problem when we were attempting to barbeque. It only rained at night, and stayed pretty cool but sunny Friday through Sunday.

This was my first trip to Moab with motorcycles and my 5th and 6th rides ever, but we had a great time. I just rode Gemini Bridges and Kane Creek, and my husband and friend also rode Pritchett Canyon and some stuff behind Bartlett Wash. (I'm a total beginner and just had arthroscopic knee surgery a few weeks ago to top it off, so I was taking it easy.) We brought mountain bikes as well and wore ourselves out - mountain bike in the morning, then hike, eat lunch, and ride motorcycles until we were starving for dinner. :)

Anyone else been down in Moab recently? Or have any trips coming up soon?

altagirl

~SPONSOR~
Mar 17, 2003
Both, kindof. We went down on Thursday night and stayed at the Moab Valley Inn (my husband was working there during the week and that's where he stays for business) but they were full on Friday night so we stayed in a camping cabin at the Rim Campground (south of town), but they were full on Saturday night so we went back to the Moab Valley Inn. There's something to be said for making plans in advance... ;)

In the past we've camped down at the river, stayed in just about every campground's cabins, and stayed in hotels. (I've been on at least a dozen Moab trips in the two years I've lived in Utah, but this was the first one since buying motorcycles.) I think we're looking at going with regular camping for the next trip. There are some amazing scenic spots that look like they'd be fun.

Top Bottom