First "Official" DYDR Ride?

RM_guy, let me talk to my cousin to see what he thinks of the idea. all iknow is its a small club and members can only bring one or two people to ride so i dont know if they will go for it. i also work with an older liftime member so ill tlk to him tonight at work. ill see what i can come up with. would you be interested in becoming a member. if i remember right its like 75 to start and 25 buck a year or something like that.

guy i work with say he really couldnt say for sure. so ill talk to my cosin and see what he says about square deal.

RM_guy

Moderator /
Damn Yankees
Originally posted by thermo
guy i work with say he really couldnt say for sure. so ill talk to my cosin and see what he says about square deal.
Good. As it turns out I just found out that I know the president of the club but I can't seem to get a hold of him. Let's both keep trying to get info.

BTW, I sent an email yesterday to Thunder Ridge (just south of the Unadila track) but have heard back yet.

i talked to my cousin andy today. idint ask him about the trail riding, but i am going to become a member. you do have to be sponsered by a club member. im going to a meeting next wednesday. ill get back to you guys on that

RM_guy

Moderator /
Damn Yankees
I contacted Thunder Ridge Raceway and the owner replied favorably. They hold MX and hare scrambles on the property beginning in May The woods aren’t in good enough shape to ride in April so that leaves June for the first possible time for us. They also have an affiliation with the Syracuse Area Trail Riders (SATRA) where they allow them to hold rides on the property so we will need to work around their ride schedule.

I haven’t worked out the details with him yet but it may be a “work to ride” deal where we spend some time on trail maintenance and then ride. Or it could just be a fee that we pay to offset their costs.

Let me know what everyone thinks.

As I get more information I can post it. I will also still be checking into Square Deal Riders facilities too.

WoodsRider

Sponsoring Member<BR>Club Moderator
Damn Yankees
Dave - The "work to ride" plan may be something to look into in the future, so keep in contact with this guy. Right now we should look into "pay to ride" events in order to gain interest in DYDR. Trust me, there's nothing worse than having three people hack branches and hang arrows on trails where 300 people ride. :confused:

RM_guy

Moderator /
Damn Yankees
Originally posted by WoodsRider
Dave - The "work to ride" plan may be something to look into in the future, so keep in contact with this guy. Right now we should look into "pay to ride" events in order to gain interest in DYDR. Trust me, there's nothing worse than having three people hack branches and hang arrows on trails where 300 people ride. :confused:
Agreed. We still be able to make it a pay to ride deal though.

WoodsRider

Damn Yankees
Dave - That's fine. DJ has been in contact with a friend of his. There's a couple of organized rides taking place near Pittsfield, MA this summer. The trails there don't open until May 1st. We could set something up out there late spring/early summer. However after reading a few Paragon ride reports, I don't think too many people enjoy riding in rocks (I'm assuming there's a few at Pittsfield).

I don't think too many people enjoy riding in rocks (I'm assuming there's a few at Pittsfield).
This is New England, there's a few everywhere. I think nasty rock gardens can be avoided. If you want to wait until early May and ride it we can see how bad it is. But if we want an area with absolutely no rocks I don't know what to tell you.

WoodsRider

Damn Yankees
Originally posted by DANIEL JOSEPH
But if we want an area with absolutely no rocks I don't know what to tell you.
They don't bother me... I need more practice in them anyway. :scream:

weimedog

Damn Yankees
Well Paragon is your place...it redifined rock and roll for me. It was figure it out or push it out.:p

WoodsRider

Damn Yankees
Paragon is too far for a "day trip" for me. My local riding place, Catraland, has several rock gardens.

RM_guy

Moderator /
Damn Yankees
Paragon is too far for a "day trip" for me. My local riding place, Catraland, has several rock gardens.
Hmm. Dapper and Papakeith didn't have a problem with it being a day/i] trip.:debil: :moon: :moon:

WoodsRider

Damn Yankees
Originally posted by RM_guy
Hmm. Dapper and Papakeith didn't have a problem with it being a day/i] trip.

They don't live with Mrs. Woods either! ;)
An overnight camping trip would be the best as I could probably bring the whole family. Preferably when the weather gets a little warmer... and I've got plenty of zip-ties. :p