Don Marsh

~SPONSOR~
Jun 5, 2001
Two of us will be in Florida to ride between Christmas & New Years. We plan on riding the Ocala National Forest first and then Croom. Any suggestions or things we need to know?
Any trail guides that want to show a couple of snowbirds from Michigan the trails let me know. :ride:
Don

CJR

Jun 22, 2008
Hey Don

I live in Orlando and ride Ocala pretty often. You will have a blast. I always ride the Centennial trail loop which is roughly 39 miles. The trails are marked so it is pretty straightforward. Their is two trails, the scrub Jay and the Centennial. The Scrub Jay trail is shorter and a bit tighter. I did it once and wasn't a big fan. I just rode the centennial yesterday with a couple of buddies and I am feeling the pain now. I'm not as young as I used to be so recovery time is loner. It takes about 3 hours including 4 or 5 stops.

I would strongly recommend a GPS if you have never been there even though the trails are marked. Also, being from Michigan you may not be too familiar with riding in sand. Stay on the gas, lean back a bit and make sure you have poper tire pressure. It gets pretty deep in some areas and can be tricky at first. I usually run around 8-9 lbs of air in my tires. This is very important since if your pressure is too high you will have dificulty steering and it will feel like your on ice. A hydration pack is also very handy since the ride is a good distance.

What day are you going? If I am around maybe I will meet you up there and show you the trail. If you have any other questions send me a message and I can give you my cell. I woul be happy to help out some fellow michiganders. I lived in the Detroit area for over 10 years. Spent a lot of time up north but never did any riding there. ANyway have fun and be safe.

CR

Don Marsh

~SPONSOR~
Jun 5, 2001
Thanks. for the info we are planning on riding Ocala the 28th through the 31th and then move to Croom for a few days.
My Cell is 231-590-1139 give me a shout.
Don

sparkysakitas

~SPONSOR~
Aug 31, 2005
croom is pretty straight forward it is fenced in and bordered by the highway on 1 side lots of whoops and quads wish i had seen this earlier could have met you at croom

Top Bottom