Mully

Moderator / SuperPowers
Jun 9, 1999
So do we have an enduro report to give ????

Remember stories are worthless without pictures. :)

Last edited:

Fred T

Mi. Trail Riders
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Mar 23, 2001
OK Sumter Ride Report.

We left for the trip down on Friday night about 5 PM, Tom Zettel and myself. Tommy drove iron man for 5 hours and i drove 2 more until about 12:30 AM Sat Trip down was pretty un eventful-we stopped in WV for the night and got a room at the Super 8. We got rolling after a McD breakfast at 8 AM- Tommy drove the entire way. (I now know what it is like to be Jordan Mapes-he never drives) We had good weather all the way down and by the time we got there about 2:30 it was well into the 60's and we were peeling off clothes like a prom date!

We got there and went to sign up and breezed through, row 40.We hopped on the bikes and checked jetting until the guy with the orange vest said we were good to go. (Well he actually told us to stop riding around) That little bit of riding got us excited!
We waited around until Tim Anderson arrived so we could leave our bikes under his awning-there is a great deal of theft of bikes at the local hotels down there. We went to the KTM spaghetti dinner then left for a shopping trip to Wal MArt. As we left the race site we pass a trailer park and just happened to notice there parked next to a clapped out trailer was two shiney cars with polished chrome and 24 inch rims parked outside-talk about priority's-we laughed our azzes off on that one. (Tom got a picture the next morning and posted it on facebook) We admired some of the most impressive LARGE booties we have ever seen on the local ladies as we got the things we needed including a new cooler since Tommy forgot to bring the one sitting where he wouldn't for get it at home.

We checked into the room and settled down toi some web surfing, SX twitter updates and live scoring until about 10 PM and lights out.

Race day! Breakfast at the hotel and off we went to go ride. A beautiful day Sunday, sunny and well into the 40's by 7:30 AM. We went through the usual race day procedures, went to the riders meeting and then it was time to get to the line. There was a .7 mile transfer to the first section.
Off we go. I got in line in 4th place (assuming the 50C rider would end up behind me) and immediately hit a tree! But I didn't fall and got going again. The first section used a good bit of the hare scramble section and it was choppy. I never got any time on my revalved suspension and it need a bit of softening so I got to ride with arm pump in section one. As I was nearing what should have been the end of the section if followed a excavated straight section and got on arrows at the end of it and re rode some of the same section I just got done with to the tune of an extra 5 minutes wasted. Well there goes my day for any sense of a respectable score! I got to the restart as Tommy was waving me to the line. I wanted to adjust the clickers but there was no time, just enough to sip 2 oz of water and go at it again. The first 2 sections were 10 miles and 12 miles each so I basically rode 22 miles straight. I was consistent and made a mistake in every section with a fall or tip over so I can enjoy picking up my bike over again. At the start of Section 3- I got 6-7 minute break, set the clickers and got a good drink. I got rid of the arm pump and rode but was feeling the effects of long sections and no break in section 3 but the bike worked better, but I didn't. The trail was all very good, sandy singletrack with enough whoops to make a Michigan Guy feel right at home-but my arthritic knees didn't enjoy them as much! Section 3 was again 12 miles and I was feeling more tired than I had hoped for only 3 sections- but got some thing to drink and eat at gas stop and off to section 4! Well this thing was 17 miles long and I was feeling the effects of getting my moneys worth riding. It was a nice section, very fun and of course i managed to have to pick up my bike at least once again. :bang: At the end of that section I was wishing I was a "C" rider as I was going into survival mode a bit and wishing I had a little more energy to fully represent myself. But reflecting back to the incident in section 1 I just kept going and enjoyed a days trail ride. Last section for me section 5 was again 12 miles. There was a lot of good trail in it, the whoops were taking their toll and then we went into a jungle vine ultra tight section and it was so tight that I couldn't make some of the turns so I had to get off my bike and push it through the vines section back on course snapping through vines and moving the ones that wouldn't break out of the way. What fun! I finally climb back on the bike, breathing through every hole in my body and start to move along the trail, took a few minutes to get going again but I finally got back up to speed (medium slow) and then i saw that magic ribbon-ed section and green flag and I had made it through in one piece, no broken ribs, no smashed kidneys, no serious injuries and 67 miles under my belt in the saddle. It was a tougher 67 miles than expected but it was well worth the trip. The enduro was one of the best I have ever rode, wished I had more seat time going into it so I would have been better conditioned and could have pushed harder but a great day in the saddle. The weather was super nice, sunny and about 60 degrees. A nice break from all the crap we have in Michigan. Tommy had a good day scoring 18th out of a field of 47 fast 250 A riders and I ended up 24th out of a filed of over 50 guys in 50+B so I was in the middle. Not what I had hoped for but it sure as hell was fun! :cool:

Attachments

• dirt.jpg
    dirt.jpg
    171.9 KB · Views: 324
  • bikes.jpg
    bikes.jpg
    149.4 KB · Views: 323
  • breakfast.jpg
    breakfast.jpg
    89.1 KB · Views: 321
Last edited:

Mully

Moderator / SuperPowers
Jun 9, 1999
67 miles !!!!!! :ohmy:

But I thought it was:
Show up at the track.
Practice 15 minutes.
sit around for an hour.
race 6 laps.
sit around for two hours.
race 6 laps.
Go home.

Oh, wait, that would be that wacky motor-cross stuff wouldn't it. :nener:

Glad you had a good time Fred.
Great report.

Mully

PS: Nice picture of your breakfast too.

Fred T

Mi. Trail Riders
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Mar 23, 2001
HERES THOSE CARS WITH THE 24'S lmao!! :laugh: we knew they wouldn't be gone early in the morning.

Attachments

• BLING.jpg
    BLING.jpg
    81.1 KB · Views: 331

Yam7M

Mi. Trail Riders
Jun 3, 2008
If your rims and tires are worth more than your home....you might be a redneck.

nickolino

Feb 21, 2008
:boss: Fred, Fred, Fred you must have more respect for the ladies I.E. peeling clothes like a prom Queen and the booty thing is that how you think of your daughter ? Back to ENDURO thankyou for the report the SX stuff is BORING. How cool is it that a 17 year old privateer can come out and spank the PRO's. Try this it will solve all your bike issues. 350 XC-F with rekluse and get rid of that 2 smoker

Fred T

Mi. Trail Riders
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Mar 23, 2001
The bike is not my problem, I am not the highly conditioned athlete you are Nick!

Fred T

Mi. Trail Riders
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Mar 23, 2001
Yam7M said:
If your rims and tires are worth more than your home....you might be a redneck.
Or be pimpin'

nickolino

Feb 21, 2008
:yikes: You can be for 19.99 I can hook you up ANNNND if you order now I'll double the order for free just pay seperate process and handling fee's. 4 strokes with FI jetting what jetting

Mully

Moderator / SuperPowers
Jun 9, 1999
nickolino How cool is it that a 17 year old privateer can come out and spank the PRO's. [/QUOTE said:
Wonder how soon, and who, will sign him to a contract???

Mully

Top Bottom