michigan

Mar 9, 2001
I have one on my 93 cr250. If I had to do it over again, I'd probably use stock. There isn't a whole lot of nylon to wear through before the rear bottom bolt gets sawed in half. I can't tell you exactly how long it will last, as I haven't ridden the bike much since I installed the part.
Also, I don't know the price difference between the FRP part and the stock part. I think I paid about 37 bucks for the FRP guide.

So, in conclusion, I supposed I am of no help to you. Sorry.

Last edited:

F3504X4

Nov 7, 2001
The prices are $37 for fredette and $37 for just the stock guide.
However with your help I'am going with stock,thank's... michigan :D

michigan

Mar 9, 2001
Update...

I was reading a thread yesterday and someone claimed that the Fredette guide will prevent the master link clip from wearing when using an o-ring chain. This might be something to think about, although I've just gotten used to replacing the clips once in a while.

Lorin

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jun 25, 1999
I have had Fredette chain guides on my kdx and now on my Yamaha. I experienced no substantial wear on either and use them over stock (my stock, yamaha chain block was $78). The neat, blue anodizing is a nice treat and replacement chain blocks are less than $10 and usually easily obtainable through parts unlimited dealers. Money well spent here.

dirt bike dave

Sponsoring Member
May 3, 2000
The Fredette guide is much stronger than stock. If you ride rocky, rutted trails the stock guide can bend or break and lock the chain and sprocket up. This can be a big problem if it happens in the wrong place and you don't have tools to remove the chain guide.

Welcome to DRN

No trolls, no cliques, no spam & newb friendly. Do it.

Top Bottom