scooter1130

Paragon Junkie
Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
May 31, 2002
Paragon got hit hard with an ice storm this past winter, and they are still working on cleaning up the trails....Today was the first chance I had to get out on the single track, and parts of it are almost impassable because of downed trees. I'm looking for 3 or 4 people to help out with clearing the trails on May 7. For helping you will receive a 1 day pass for the park that can be used for a future visit. And if anybody can bring along a saw that is easy enough to carry with you on your bike, that would help too. Most of the trees can just be moved out of the way or a new trail made around them, but there are places where the trees need to be cut to move them. I know Nate saiud he would help if he can make it that weekend, but I hope to get a couple more people.

.... I may have mislead some people, the trails are all opened, and the trails are still passable, you just need to find a way around some of the downed trees. I rode a good portion of the single track this past weekend, and was able to make it through all that I tried. As of right now I believe the only trail in the park thats closed is the Muddy Pipeline, and I'm sure that will be opened soon....

Last edited:

Treejumper

2 wheeled idiot
Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Sep 9, 2000
I'll let you know closer to the date (what day is the 7th anyways? :) ) Not sure if i will have the gas money to make it out yet. I should have off but you never know. I have a chainsaw i can bring if i can make it.

scooter1130

Paragon Junkie
Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
May 31, 2002
The 7 is a Saturday but the date is not set in stone, if people cant make that date it can always be changed.....but the weekend before is right after the Hatfield McCoy ride so I didnt know if people would be ready to get out and clear trails that weekend.... just cant put it off too long

Besides we need either you or trigger to bring your submarines to get the trees in the flooded section

Treejumper

2 wheeled idiot
Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Sep 9, 2000
Hahaha! I can do that. Thinking of a snorkle setup for the airbox. A saturday is better for me but the hard part will be the $90 in gas to get there and back. :(

Rooster

Today's Tom Sawyer
Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Aug 24, 2000
Hey scooter - if we get all settled in and all after the move, there's a chance we could come help out.

stangera

Aug 2, 2004
Hey Guys!

I bunch of friends and I have a trip planned to head to Paragon for an extended weekend April 29th - 31st. Our preffered riding is single track. How are the conditions? Should there be any concerns on our part? Input from the local's would be greatly appreciated...

Thanks!

scooter1130

Paragon Junkie
Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
May 31, 2002
Rooster... That would be great if you can make it, it will also give you a chance to see whats in store for you at the spring ride :yikes:

stangera... I cleared the first section of trails enough on Saturday that they are passable, and will hopefully check out the rest next weekend. There is only one small section of single track that may be closed when you go unless we get a few trees cut before then...but it is a very small section. There are some areas where you need to blaze a trail to get around some fallen trees, but you can still get through. I will probably be there that Saturday too if you need some advice on finding good trails.

stangera

Aug 2, 2004
Thanks for the feedback! One of the guys I'm going with apparently knows the area fairly well. If you see a group with Ontario license plates, that's us. Stop by and say hi if you want. We're going up Thursday afternoon and camping just down the road through to Sunday.

JasonJ

Jun 15, 2001
Ill try to get up on the 7th to help you out. I dont have a chain saw but I can carry one on the dirtbike one way or another. Or Ill try to get my hands one one for the weekend.

scooter1130

Paragon Junkie
Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
May 31, 2002
wow I actullaly got back in... If anybody else is interested in helping out or needs info, either contact me on messenger (all my messenger links are on yop of this post) or send me an email at danco@optonline.net because I've been having trouble getting into DRN the past few weeks, and dont know if I'll see your posts.

And Thanks Dave for checking this thread for me to see if anyone else posted when I couldnt get in.

Treejumper

2 wheeled idiot
Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Sep 9, 2000
Not looking good for me. They want us to come in saturday to clean the paint room as its the only day its shut down (except sunday but their not open that day). So i wont know forsure til probably late friday night. So if i'm not at Paragon in the morning, dont wait.

scooter1130

Paragon Junkie
Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
May 31, 2002
Just checking to see if there are any changes with who can help. I know nate will be there, and gxdragon will if he gets his bike fixxed in time as well as 4 or 5 people from another forum, and jason said he will try...hmm is that a good idea to have jason and nate together, I guess as long as jason doesnt open the doors on nates truck we are safe :moon: And we'll be thinking about treejumper at work while we are out in the woods riding :nener: . Rooster, it would be great to meet you, but I know its a long drive for you guys and I know you're just settling in and trying top learn a new language, but let me know if you can make...if not We'll see ya in June :nod:

Anybody else? We are gonna meet at 10:00 since its also the weekend of their monthly ride and that gives them time to get all the groups out on the trails without causing all kinds of confusion at checkin.

DaveRS575

Sponsoring Member
Aug 15, 2002
Keep in mind that this upcoming weekend is mother's day, so I can't come up. Next weekend I should be ok, so if we can get a group together for that weekend, maybe that will work too. I can likely get my hands on some chain saws for me and my buddy Mike as he does fence work.

scooter1130

Paragon Junkie
Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
May 31, 2002
That is my mothers day gift for my mom...I leave her alone for the day :rotfl:

But mothers day is Sunday not Saturday :nener:

JasonJ

Jun 15, 2001
Im in. I think I can make 10, we shall see, LOL, if not Ill have to ride the single track to find you, with a chain saw :aj: :aj: . Yeah, can you belive someone lent me a chain saw????? Now, where is that crazy skull mask with the horns on it???? Hummm :coocoo: :coocoo:

scooter1130

Paragon Junkie
Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
May 31, 2002
Is the chainsaw for the trees or protection from Nate? :rotfl:
If we'ere already out I'll tell them you are joining us so they let you out to find us....see ya tomorrow

scooter1130

Paragon Junkie
Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
May 31, 2002
Just wanted to say thanks to Jason, Nate, and Matt for helping out today. You guys were a great help, especially Jasons chain saw whioch we would have been lost without.

We got a little more than half the single track cleared, and I am going to try and do it again in 2 weeks (May 21). I will start another thread in case any body is interested in helping.

Treejumper

2 wheeled idiot
Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Sep 9, 2000
Glad the day went well. I thought about you while at work this morning. It poured off and on most of the morning here. I'll have to see what the 21st looks like for work, etc then let you know.

scooter1130

Paragon Junkie
Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
May 31, 2002
fortunately we had no rain..it was a little cool when we left the lot, but by the first time we stopped nate and I both got rid of our jackets because it had gotten warm. Let me know if you can make it out to help, if not I have to find somebody that I can steal a chainsaw from since we found out today we would have been lost without the Jason brought. I think you said you had one you can carry on the bike if you can make it..but if not I'm sure I can scrounge one up somewhere :cool: ... ohh and we found out that the pizza place delivers to Paragon so we can even have pizza for lunch next time :laugh:

RM_guy

Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 21, 2000
North East USA
I'm glad all went well. Is the pizza place the one in that small plaza on the main road? They have fantastic pizza!!

JasonJ

Jun 15, 2001
I think it was Poppa John's if I recall right. The snack shack should be open as well by June. I had to forage for penutbutter and jelly sandwiches in the van for lunch but all was well. We had a great team of guys and got alot of work done. Nate came down with some sort of illness by the end of the day though, I think it was some sort of fantasy flying reptile butt disorder or someting, cause he was dragon-ass by the end of the day :rotfl: . But his bike was able to donate a 1/2 pint of oil to the chain saw when we needed it :laugh:

scooter1130

Paragon Junkie
Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
May 31, 2002
Definitely a great bunch of guys to help. I have seen groups with twice as many people go otu to clear trails and not get half as much done as we did. The PB&J was good also since I was relying on the snack shack to be there for lunch. They should be there every weekend now for the rest of the summer.

Welcome to DRN

No trolls, no cliques, no spam & newb friendly. Do it.

Top Bottom