CRFGuy

Aug 5, 2005
It's about that time to start thinking about riding in the coal company. Steve, Brad, John and I already went. Can't wait to get back out there and ride and see old friends. I'm hoping it warms up enough in the next couple of weeks. I just came back from an awesome snowmobile trip in Colorado up on the divide. Man what country there is out there. The views from over 13,000 feet where absolutely breath taking. We were riding in stuff that had 2-3 feet of powder in the single track. Just incredible!

Looking forward to some warm fun soon!

dhunts

Mar 7, 2010
Hi guys; That is a very long ride on a snowmobile,had to bother that knee. Would you please refresh me on what documents I need for RAC? Congrats on the blue bike Andrew.

53fireman

Apr 2, 2009
You're supposed to give your ID, registration, & insurance for them to copy. I used my 4-wheeler info because I don't have all that for the bike.
Thanks, let's get out there and break it in!

CRFGuy

Aug 5, 2005
Documents

Drivers Licence and actually you can use the registration and insurance card to the truck or car your going to be parking on their property. They don't care if the bike your riding has insurance or plates it's private property and up to you. The waiver you sign clears them of everything as far as their concerned.

How much snow is still on that hill if any? Can we ride out there this weekend?

53fireman

Apr 2, 2009
My buddy was up there yesterday with a couple 4 wheelers and a dirt bike. He told me it was sloppy as hell and the dirt bike wasn't worth it... So I'm thinking another couple weeks. They're calling for alot of rain this weekend too so I'm sure that won't help, except for melting the snow faster.
Here's the new ride:

Attachments

• wr250f.jpg
    wr250f.jpg
    54.2 KB · Views: 231
Last edited:

dhunts

Mar 7, 2010
Gorgeous;Is that a steering stabilizer?I need new plastic.Yea ,I'm sure it's to early,especially were the snow drifted. I had to chuckle everytime the weather forecast bullseye was on top of Jersey.

53fireman

Apr 2, 2009
Yeah a Scotts. Put on Flatland rad guards and skid plate, MSR handguards, JD jet kit, and did all the free mods too. It's pretty quick but a different feel than the XR. Gonna take some getting used to. Still gotta break it in too.

rageracing

Jul 9, 2009
I gotta get up for my permit. I was up in that area a couple days ago for some business and can't wait to get back up there. I leave next wednesday for Mexico and won't get back till the following wednesday so hopefully it will be game on for up north in 2 weeks. Can't wait.

njdrtrdr

Dec 10, 2002
I haven't been on the site for quite awhile, but been riding. Rode the coal a bunch last year and hardly ever seen anyone other than a few quads here and there.
I'm usually there about 8:30-1:30
Are you guys riding the piece by their office ?

Always looking to hook up and ride with someone.

I was under the impression that the bike needed insurance til I reread the rules and it says you need insurance if you are taking a licensed vehicle on the property. So I guess a non plated bike does not need insurance...

Nick

53fireman

Apr 2, 2009
I gotta break in my bike for a couple hours, wanted to go up on Saturday. Don't think I'm supposed ride too hard or too long for the first couple hours though.

CRFGuy

Aug 5, 2005
Sent Andew's video to Dror and he said he saw it about 2 weeks ago and seemed to remember it being somewhere in switzerland

Anyone care to let us know what the hills look like in Saint Clair? Darrel???

Last edited:

dhunts

Mar 7, 2010
Hi Guys; The Official Readiness Report reads: Fantastic conditions are expected for Saturday. Join us for some of the most challenging,tight,single track to be had! Dressed and Ready to Ride by 10? "Lets Ride".

CRFGuy

Aug 5, 2005
Saturday??

Hey Darrell Thanks for the report!!! You made Steve laugh :nener: with the dressed and ready to ride 10am but it is accurate. Lets get a head count. Right now it looks like Gordon, Darrell, Steve, Brad, John, Dror, Buddy, Andrew.
Unknown would be Jason, Derick, Randy

JasonJ

Jun 15, 2001
Holly CR@P! Here's to you Mr goat trail dirt bike rider! Your balls of brass made my but pucker so tight I won't poop for a week! I don't know who is more nuts, the guy that cut that trail the first time or the guys who ride it more than once! That bike in the back looked like an 89 XT 350 or something! I thought Swiss Alps when I herd him say Yah Vunse.
I am out for this weekend, it's Kerry's Birthday weekend. If I get some time Ill dust the bike off and look it over. She normally pays for my Permit for my B day and that's in April.

CRFGuy

Aug 5, 2005
It's ON!!!!

Let's Ride!!! About time the weather was in our favor, I've been waiting to get out all winter. Burma Rd. Ready to ride like Darrell said, "10am" That means geared up and on your bikes. If anyone thinks they might be late or can't make an early ride, Let me know and I will try to swing back and get you later in the day. :) :cool: :ride: :nener:

Top Bottom