CRFGuy

Aug 5, 2005
Hey guys
Looks like I'm going to have sometime in the begining of the week to start the tear down on both mine and Steve's bikes. They will both be getting treated to new pistons and rings along with a host of other goodies. You of course know that will mean that no one will be able to keep up with Steve if I increase the power of his machine. Wait Steve can't even keep up with Steve maybe that's why he keeps getting seperated from his bike. Looks like a trip out to rack the week after to get permits and then hopefully Darrell will have finished shoveling all those sweet trail for us and we can ride.

Look forward to seeing everyone out there real soon. I miss all that fun!

Gordon

CRFGuy

Aug 5, 2005
Steve & I got our permits Monday morning. Now I just have to find time to get the bikes ready. Should happen toward the end of the week and maybe be out riding next week. I was suprized to see how little snow there was out there compared to what we got here in Summit, NJ.
Look forward to seeing you guys back in the trails.

Gordon

JasonJ

Jun 15, 2001
Got my swing arm rebuild kit last week. Turns out All Balls racing is right in Boyertown and Drove by, stopped in and got a %10 discount for my trouble! Thinking about HM WV in April with the trigger man. I gotta scrape a few bucks together, it's been a slow winter.

Treejumper

2 wheeled idiot
Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Sep 9, 2000
I fired mine up the other day and was surprised it fired up on the fourth kick on 3 year old gas. Yes i need to get out and ride more.

JasonJ

Jun 15, 2001
Yeah man Trigger! looking good I think for either of the last two weekends in April. Would love to get some seat time in at RAC with ya before we go so we can work the rust off. Ill give you a call today then.

Treejumper

2 wheeled idiot
Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Sep 9, 2000
JasonJ said:
3 Year old gas?!

Yep, last ride besides around the house for afew minutes was Father's day weekend in 2008 with you guys. I do ride the street bike to work everyday so i do get some riding in.

CRFGuy

Aug 5, 2005
Steve's bike is up and running sounds good again. Let's see how long he keeps it that way. I should be able to get mine done tomorrow or at least that's the plan, if so I plan on riding Saturday if anyone is interested. There is the other option that I'm looking into. New bike but the dealer and I are worlds apart on price right now. You would think with the economy tanking the way it is you could get a great deal but I'm finding that not to be true.

53fireman

Apr 2, 2009
I'm down for Sat, but gotta know by Thursday night so I can bring the bike to work... I didn't get the new tires on yet, but I'm just looking for an easy paced ride to start getting back into it.

JasonJ

Jun 15, 2001
Good ride after we got our Permits. We mixed up single track and faster trails. It was not to wet for the most part until we went down the power line and it turned into a major washout! I totally lost the front of my bike in an underwater hole and went over the bars landing completely under water on my back! Brrrrrrr! I also took my decomp lever off with my thigh and have a great cut and bruise to show for it. We were lucky right where Trigger sank his bike was just in front of where the single track cuts across the power line so we were able to bash over to it and ride out. Not 2 feet after where the single track cuts across is a 10 foot water fall / washout where the power line trail WAS so if your riding that be very careful since I don't expect it will be able to be crossed by Saturday. Anyway, I was soaked so we headed back in and got burgers and beers at the Port Clinton Inn to warm up. I got quite cold by the time we got back in. We will try to get at least 2 more rides in I hope by the end of April so we are in good shape for HM. I still have to do the swing arm bearings and maybe an oil change. I might even clean the bike off if it rains again :laugh:

CRFGuy

Aug 5, 2005
Come on Andrew all my rides are easy paced after all I'm the old guy right? Jason were you headed up the mountain accross the powerlines or down? I'm guessing that your talking about the single track that comes up from the play area and crosses where you almost had the encounter with the kid on the 4 wheeler. Cold weather and water suck I feel for you but as long as no one got hurt it's all fun.

Top Bottom