bwalker

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jan 10, 2000
Ill be at Galdwin saturday. Probaly get there around 10-11am. I plan on parking off Grim rd. Ill be the guy with the AF, cant miss me.

Fred T

Mi. Trail Riders
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Mar 23, 2001
Heads up

If you go east on the north loop you can go prettty far before you run into lots of water. The entire south loop is not too bad but there were quite a few water holes you need to work your way around. We got 45 miles in our last ride there last Sat - This weekend should be much warmer!

bwalker

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jan 10, 2000
I road there two weeks ago and the loop I went on was totaly dry except one spot that you could get around pretty easy. Im not sure what loop it was but i got to it by driveing through the Grim rd sand pit and linking up with it where it crossed the two track. The loop went into a clear cut area for a bit and ended up right back at the parking lot. It was probalr 5 miles in length.

KTM Mike

~SPONSOR~
Mi. Trail Riders
Apr 9, 2001
I will be doing the Gladwin trail on 3/30 as well. I will likely be with a guy on a KDX200, I'm on a 00 KTM 300. I am not sure where I will park - Have never ridden the gladwin trail before. Any suggestions? Isnt there a trail head right on 61?

bwalker

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jan 10, 2000
I think that there is a trail head on 61, but when we drove through last time it was crowded so we parked of grim rd. Its a pretty easy spot to find. You just take Centerfire lane to grim rd and turn right. Its down about a mile and a half and the right hand side.

KTM Mike

~SPONSOR~
Mi. Trail Riders
Apr 9, 2001
Ben

Thanks - I just may see you there.

Is that area state land, but not a "formal" parking area? If so I may end up coming down with my motorhome Friday afternoon, ride a bit and camp right there and be ready to ride early Saturday.

Last I heard they are talking rain for Fri/Sat...lets hope not... I am riding regardless!

KTM Mike

~SPONSOR~
Mi. Trail Riders
Apr 9, 2001
I made it to Gladwin Friday afternoon just in time for the rain to start- and then did the south loop - still had fun (hate them whoops though!) We the set up the motorhome off of Centerfire road near where the south loop crosses then splits. Spent the night there then did both North and South loops today. Found some real NASTY mud holes on the north loop - went down in one (got my front and rear tires on different sides of a deep rut) totally submerged the bike! My riding partner on a KDX was giving me a hard time about how a KTM was supposed to be able to take that...at least he did until he did the exact same thing! (and my Pumpkin proved easier to get running again than his Cabbage!) In spite of the water hassles...still had a blast for my first ride of the season on a my new bike (new to me at least)

Fred T

Mi. Trail Riders
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Mar 23, 2001
Let me guess

The huge water hole was in the open area on a two track and it was real deep? There is swampy marches on both sides of the trail. Avoid that section like the plague until late MAY!

2big4akdx

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jun 26, 2001
Hey, the only reason I fell was cause I was still snickering under my helmet about how ktm's do not float!... Or was it cause I thought thats the line you pointed out?...Or maybe I forgot to turn my gas back on, after waiting for you,and i just happened to run out at that spot?;)
Still had a blast though. I guess now would be a good time to do a little maintenance.

KTM Mike

~SPONSOR~
Mi. Trail Riders
Apr 9, 2001
Cabbages dont float either!

2big...ya know I dont think i saw your bike float either :p

On that maintenance front...good idea...i heard a story of a KTM that sucked in all sorts of glob and mud and yuk...that poor sucker is doing a bottom end right now :(

Top Bottom