madmxracer

Nov 22, 2001
ill go, but the 265 is in many pieces and the head is in to Eric. I might get it back saturday but i have to work sunday. Give me more notice and i can work something out with my boss. cya

crb

Oct 14, 2001
I just happen to have a 1/2 day off Friday. In the morning I have a meeting in Harrison and should get to the trail head in Gladwin by 12:30-1:00. I would like to be on the road back home by 4:00, have to spend some time with the family before SX Saturday. Oh, by the way I am slow, at least you will have time to rest at the stop signs.
If this does not fit into your schedual not big deal, I will just go to the sand pit on Grim rd and take a few laps.

2TrakR

~SPONSOR~
Mi. Trail Riders
Jan 1, 2002
We plan on being at the trailhead around noon. Knowing us, it will be closer to 12:30. If you need (want) somebody to ride with, look for 3 guys with a light blue S-Jimmy, 2 XRs and a TTR. Also may be a 4th guy on CRF. We're locals, FWIW.
Also, one of the XRs is new and still being broke in, so our speed won't be all that fast. Probably be avoiding the north west loop (up near truck trail) as we won't have our scuba gear.

bwalker

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jan 10, 2000
Ill be parked at the sand pit off Grim rd. Should be there between 10:30-11:30. BTW this is the south loop . The north loop is VERY wet. I got a red dodge diesel and a cr 500 af so yuo cant miss me.

Last edited:

fatherandson

Mi. Trail Riders
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Feb 3, 2001
A group of us (crb was with us) rode part of the north loop last Saturday. It had a few wet spots. We rode 15-16 miles to the spot where it becomes really wet and then turned around. It was a nice ride. FYI.

KTM Mike

~SPONSOR~
Mi. Trail Riders
Apr 9, 2001
I have heard of one nasty ole mud hole on the north loop that can eat KTMs for lunch, and trash a bottom end for desert :whiner:

I cant join ya unfortunately - but my thoughts will be with you - gotta make up for being gone all last weekend by being around this weekend! I may get in some riding here at home though... my trail is at most 25% snow as of this evening!

crb

Oct 14, 2001
2TrakR I should be at the trail head by 12:30, maybe by then bwalker will be on his way up from Grim rd and we can all ride together. I drive a silverish chevy pickup with a YZ250 in back. Hope to see you guys tomarrow. :aj:

fatherandson

Mi. Trail Riders
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Feb 3, 2001
KTM MIKE, I have had enough of riding snow and ice. Let me know when your snow percentage is 0 and I'll make the trip to Atlanta.
MM

crb

Oct 14, 2001
2trakR, thanks for letting me hang with you guys. I had a good time. Hope to see you soon.
I am currently washing my clothes after the mud bath, my boots mught have been under water but my bike stayed up. Hope your endo does not make getting out of bed tomarrow a little harder.

2TrakR

~SPONSOR~
Mi. Trail Riders
Jan 1, 2002
CRB - thanks for the reminder on the endo. At least is was in the mud ;-)
It was a soft landing, no harm done; heck, my gloves were dried out by the time we finished our snack at the trailhead. Hopefully next time somebody will have a camera ready for the action shots.
We ran the north loop, took a small detour around the worst of the big holes (northwest) and ended up finding more water than was bargained for. Nothing too serious. My arms are starting to remind me of just how long it's been since I've done 40 miles of single track.
Gotta get some rest so I can head to Mio in the morning for that Dual Sport route making.

Top Bottom