DWreck

~SPONSOR~
Apr 14, 2002
This is the weekend! I know that there is info about it in a couple of other threads but I thought that I would condense it. We are meeting at 8:30am on Saturday the 21st for trail work. Should be an easy day. Pizza Saturday night. (Don't know what time) Sunday the 22nd workers show up 7:15-7:30. The more the merrier. Last year was my first time to work it and I had a blast. If you would like to help but don't know what to do show up and you will be paired with someone who does. Justin has worked his tail off to make this race a success and I know that he is worrying about whether or not enough people are going to show up to do the checks. This concludes my service announcement.

BSWIFT

Sponsoring Member
N. Texas SP
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 25, 1999
I'll be there but not likely till 9-9:30.  See ya there.

DWreck

~SPONSOR~
Apr 14, 2002
It turned out really well. Lots of volunteers race day! I don't think I have ever heard so many compliments and seen so many grins on riders faces as they came into the check I was at. After the race we still had people stopping by and thanking us for all the hard work. It couldn't have been done without all the hard work the Cooper's put in. Most of important was all the hard work that Justin and his wife put in. Me, I have freshly trimmed trails to ride and a cool new shirt!

justql

Sponsoring Member<BR>Club Moderator
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Oct 23, 2000
Thanks to everyone that worked. The park and club are better off thanks to your efforts. It's ashame the Heartland Spodes can't find 1000 acres to have our own race. It should be named the Heartland Spode Enduro. Thanks again guys.

If any of you guys have suggestions let me know. I have added a few things to the checklist. (for next years coordinator) I have also learned to rely more on the check list and less on my memory. Also-WHAT DO YOU GUYS DO WITH THE WATCHES,EAT THEM? ;)

Last edited:

mx547

Ortho doc's wet dream
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 24, 2000
Originally posted by justql
It's ashame the Heartland Spodes can't find 1000 acres to have our own race. It should be named the Heartland Spode Enduro.

not a bad idea. i know a guy with some beautiful farmland, perfect for a race.

let's do it. :thumb:

BSWIFT

Sponsoring Member
N. Texas SP
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 25, 1999
"Wanna buy a watch?"

They should be in the check point boxes.

justql

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Oct 23, 2000
Heck, I only got four of the boxes back, four watches......but hey thats a cheap price to pay for good help. ;)

justql

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Oct 23, 2000
Box #5........I'll have to go dig through the trailer........thats why I buy cheep watches.

DWreck

~SPONSOR~
Apr 14, 2002
Originally posted by justql
Isn't a rolodex where you keep phone numbers and Rolex the watch? :p

Craig, I think he got you on that one! :) I put my watch in a box or in the trailer or something. (I don't have it anymore) I almost forgot. The other watch, It's probably at someones house with them going how do you get it off military time?

justql

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Oct 23, 2000
I just wonder if the alarms are all going off at the same time. :laugh:

Oh the fun of it all. If you guys wanta look at the results they are up at Blackjackenduro.com they are listed by test sections if you look in the drop down window scorecard. Really close scores. Test one toof the fast guys 4 1/2 minutes. the other test were obviously longer.

Top Bottom