BSWIFT

Sponsoring Member
N. Texas SP
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 25, 1999
I just went to Ponca and Blackwell today. What a mess. There are still around 10,000 with out power in those two towns alone. I haven't seen Justql or OKKX'r or Craig_enid on line for a couple of days. Are you guys thawed out yet? The Lone Chimney trails will likely be clutered with downed limbs. There was about 1 inch thick ice on EVERYTHING. I missed the freezing line by about 8 miles or I would have tree damage as well. Hope everybody is alright.

OKKX'er

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Sep 10, 2001
I'm glad to hear you missed out. No elec. for 48 hrs., the family quit giving me grief for my firewood obsession. Thursday was spent clearing the local streets for traffic, Friday clearing my front yard, the back will take two more days. What a change ! Barb went to K.C. for a meeting Tuesday, got home
today. It doesn't take much to bring EVERYTHING ( can't get gasoline, all batteries and candles gone) to a virtual standstill. I am really impressed to be online at all. My cable got pulled off the house by a 12 in. diameter limb 20 ft. long. Sure is nice to be back.

BSWIFT

Sponsoring Member
N. Texas SP
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 25, 1999
Glad to see you back online. Man, that has been a mess for you guys.

justql

Sponsoring Member<BR>Club Moderator
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Oct 23, 2000
I had it lucky we were without cable and internet from Wed till Saturday but thats better than alot who are still out ofelctricty now and figure to be up to a week more. I have hauled off five loads of limbs thus far. I still have five pine trees to trim up. One can't be saved. It could be worse atleast my house got no damage. We still have ice on the ground now in places.:eek:

Top Bottom