Wolverine423

~SPONSOR~
Oct 2, 2005
Goshen2008027.jpg

Cody & myself - This may be Cody's last race for a long time as he is choosing to finish his schooling before he comes back to competing again.

I could write 2 pages describing the fun I had at this enduro, but I’ll choose to sum it up in short.

This race started out really well for me until I made a HUGH mistake getting to the AA-A check in on time - It ended up being a 18 total point blunder....For the people that know the competitive side of me you can only imagine how mad at myself I was! As I was racing though the woods I come up on my son - I'm thinking WTH?...{Cody's on min 34 and I'm on 35}. He moves over and lets me go by... Then I hear him screaming that YZ250 on my azz but not wanting to get by me - I instantly went from being totally pissed off to having a big o'le grin on my face!! I put the hammer down, knowing the sacrifice and what was on Cody’s mind. Cody gave up his race results to ride out the last 3rd of the race with me to have some fun with his dad... I always say there is a reason why for everything - 18 points was such a small lost for such a BIG gain in the end.

Cody, You have came a long ways since our first enduro together in Kalkaska 2005 - What you did for me yesterday was a class act - I can't think of any better way that you could have exited out from this game. Thank you.

UP Magoo

Apr 4, 2002
DW, you have every right to be proud of your son! He is a fine young man; it's awesome to see the great bond you two obvously have.
I've enjoyed hanging with youse guys in the pits this year (lord knows I can't keep either of you in sight on the trail!).

Congratulations to BOTH of you for an incredible enduro season! :boss:

Fred T

Mi. Trail Riders
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Mar 23, 2001
Yep, that had to be special. It was a long and hard fought season and no one won anything easy- we all worked hard and battled mother nature and some hard luck. Congrats to y'all. See you next weekend to celebrate another year of friendship and fun riding. :cool: Enduro riders are the best people. :nod:

nickolino

Feb 21, 2008
Yeper Cody is a pleasure to be around. Gets it all from his MOM. But young Jedi be careful do not play with girls they will lead you to the dark side. :debil:

nickolino

Feb 21, 2008
Factory Freddy the fasterst man in Michigan in or outa bed You da Man! In your own words "just another day at the office". Do'in the Orange proud. And let me say Marsholino Figured he had you but you showed him and that blue piece of crap. Maybe now he can get a Estart and clean his garage and put in the right color Orange. :)

FlyinRyan

~SPONSOR~
Mar 19, 2001
Great story DW, I know the best times I had this year were riding the family enduros with Alex and dad.

As I stated in a couple emails to you Cody is a class act and has the respect of all his competitors. While I hate losing I'm glad it was to Cody as he showed who the best was this season and I wish him the best of luck in the future and will miss him kicking my @#% next year if he doesn't compete.

Have fun at the banquet!!!!

wyatt

Apr 3, 2002
Congratulations Cody.

DW,

This may be too soon but due to Codys hiatus from racing I would like to respectfully apply for Cody's spot on
team Dusengdang. Stop laughing I am serious. I know no one wants to sign a long retired 41 year old outta shape enduro rider. But I am sure you must be tired of traveling and racing with a quiet, well mannered fast young rider. That makes me your top prospect.

Why am I the answer to your prayers? I could be the
Anti-Cody. As a member of team DW I promise
to be a constant pain in the a$$, I will be a smart-alec to from and at the races, finish at the bottom of the A class and will also not be your gopher. Also, I would be fine with a YZ or a KTM 2hunny.

so wadda ya say DAD.

Signed your new son.

Last edited:

Wolverine423

~SPONSOR~
Oct 2, 2005
wyatt said:
Congratulations Cody.

DW,

This may be too soon but due to Codys hiatus from racing would like to respectfully apply for Cody's spot on
team Dusengdang. Stop laughing I am serious. I know no one wants to sign a long retired 41 year old outta shape enduro rider. But I am sure you must be tired of traveling and racing with a quiet, well mannered fast young rider. That makes me your top prospect.

Why am I the answer to your prayers? I could be the
Anti-Cody. As a member of team DW I promise
to be a constant pain in the a$$, I will be a smart-alec to from and at the races, finish at the bottom of the A class and will also not be your gopher. Also, I would be fine with a YZ or a KTM 2hunny.

so wadda ya say DAD.

Signed your new son.
Again in short - NOPE ! The position has already been filled for the 2009 season with a younger "I want to run your azz over" ruthless azzhole prick - I ride Heavy Team class with him. :nod:

PS. "Hey it wasn't me he has orange gear on too".... hehehe

TCTrailrider

Jan 19, 2004
Wolverine423 said:
Again in short - NOPE ! The position has already been filled for the 2009 season with a younger "I want to run your azz over" ruthless azzhole prick - I ride Heavy Team class with him. :nod:

PS. "Hey it wasn't me he has orange gear on too".... hehehe

Yeah, but does your new prospect have a Credit Card with some balance available? Tater has a job.

fatherandson

Mi. Trail Riders
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Feb 3, 2001
DW - great story. I saw the exchange between the two of you at the last check. It was a great father/son moment. What a way to end the season!!

Welcome to DRN

No trolls, no cliques, no spam & newb friendly. Do it.

Top Bottom