f4iguy

Feb 17, 2002
Just picked up a new CRF450 today, whoo-hoo, time to get back to the dirt.

Attachments

• new crf.jpg
    new crf.jpg
    59.4 KB · Views: 227

ktmboy

~SPONSOR~
Apr 1, 2001
If I were to get a thumper it would be ORANGE, with the magic button, and I'd have to keep the 2-smoke for the smile factor! :)

a454elk

Mexicutioner
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jun 5, 2001
Great, let's ride fool!!:):)

Mx Dude

~SPONSOR~
Jul 18, 2000
Hey, I just got one of those too :laugh: I got me one of deem "Euro" versions with the funky silencer.

Looking to go a put some time one mine this weekend, but I haven't decided where to go yet. I put about an hour on mine two weeks ago and can't wait to really open it. Are you going to break it in this weekend ? Let me know if you're riding this weekend ( perferrably Saturday), and maybe we could meet and compare notes on the CRFs ;)

Congrats on your new ride :aj: I'm sure you'll luv it.

Ol'89r

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jan 27, 2000
Congrats guys. :thumb: I have been looking for one of those also. Fantastic bikes. ;)

Mx Dude.

You said yours was a Euro model. Did you get it registered yet? If so, what kind of sticker did they give you? What country did it come from?

Just curious.

Ol'89r

Mx Dude

~SPONSOR~
Jul 18, 2000
Hey 89r,

Haven't registered it yet. I did get an AZ title, so I'm going to wait 90 days and then go to the DMV and transfer the title. Apparently this method has been working. I know a lot of the bikes from Canada come without titles so it's impossible to register in CA, however one of the reasons I bought it from the particular importer is they title the bike in AZ. Most importers don't title the bike in the US and it becomes a big issue. I know Motorcycle Brokers now offer a title from Indiana or someplace like that for an additional $150.

I assume I'll get a red sticker since it's an 03.

BTW, it's an OZ model. Different silencer, and tires from the US models. Also received a box of spare parts (oil filter, levers, piston, rings, circlips, a complete gasket set, air filter.....) worth a few hundred bucks :yeehaw:

PM me or call me if you have any questions about using an importer. So far so good, and I did save A LOT of cash !!

Now all I have to do is decide where to ride tomorrow :laugh:

scar tissue

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Dec 27, 2000
Congrats, I've loved the few rides I've had on those CRF's. It almost makes me want to trade my 250f. Almost but not quite. My 250f is dialed in to haul my big butt. (read lots of $$$ in extras).

If you like fast, fun and easy to ride bikes that handle great stock, I'm sure you'll be happy with it. You've got to bring it out ot some of our group rides. Have fun. :aj:

Welcome to DRN

No trolls, no cliques, no spam & newb friendly. Do it.

Top Bottom