justql

Sponsoring Member<BR>Club Moderator
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Oct 23, 2000
Just thought I'd rub it in. All of the Heartland Spodes that missed the ride inAMarillo this weekend missed a great time.....One of the best.

mx547

Ortho doc's wet dream
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 24, 2000
Originally posted by justql
All of the Heartland Spodes that missed the ride inAMarillo this weekend missed a great time.

have we ever had a bad one?

justql

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Oct 23, 2000
Good point..:) Good friends, good bikes, good trail, good food. A weekend doesn't get alot better. Only way it'd been better is if my family had went.

mx547

Ortho doc's wet dream
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 24, 2000
i had a great time this weekend and i didn't even touch the bike.

saturday morning my daughter had a soccer game. it was the first game of the season. i am the coach. i have never been a soccer head coach and i've never even played the game. no one would volunteer to be the coach. they were going to disband the team and tell some of the girls that they wouldn't be able to play (they have limits on the number of players on each team). i had told them no but my wife volunteered me at the meeting while i was out riding. our team is made up mostly of last minute sign-ups. five of them had never even played before. this is an under 12 league so most of the girls on the other teams have several seasons of experience. a couple of the parents had told me that we probably wouldn't score a single goal all season. one of them even quit already because they thought that we would be so bad. well, we showed up to play anyway. my girls played hard even though a couple of them didn't have a clue what to do. we lost 3-2 on a fluke goal that rolled through our goalie's hands. i think we'll beat them next time after a little more practice. i am encouraged.

saturday afternoon i did a little work on the side and pocketed $100.

saturday night my daughter had a basketball game at a charity tournament. i am the coach of that team also. my team is a local rec league team. after the rec league season ended we added a couple of players from one of the other teams and played a couple games against one of the local travelling league teams. saturday we were scheduled against the travelling team from a nearby town. travelling teams are generally much better practiced than the rec league teams. they can recruit better players (ours are assigned randomly) and aren't limited by restrictive rules like the rec leagues are. in other words, they play real basketball. well, my team had only won one game all season and my tallest girl didn't show up so i thought we would probably get thumped. this team had beaten both the travelling teams from our town by a good margin and were much bigger than we were. we fell behind early but came back and tied it up by halftime. my girls then realized that they could compete and the fire was lit. in the second half they played like pros. all the things we worked on all season finally came together. they rebounded like they were six inches taller, they protected the ball, made good passes and took good shots. they played tenacious defense and forced the other team into turnovers and poor shots. we shut them out completely in the second half. they didn't score a single point! and we won by eight. i was so proud of them. they were thrilled. i rewarded them with a pizza party (there went half of that $100 i made earlier).

sunday i went to church with my kids. the kids of the church put on a puppet show and my daughter had one of the big parts. sunday afternoon i watched the nascar race (yes, i like nascar). then i took my oldest daughter to play golf at a par three course. it was only her second time to play but she likes it alot. she even beat me on one hole (i'm not very good). but at least i only hit one ball into the water. then i came home to read the amarillo ride reports and hang out on-line with my drn buddies.

sometimes life is good even when you're not riding.:)

BSWIFT

Sponsoring Member
N. Texas SP
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 25, 1999
Originally posted by justql
Sounds like a good weekend to me.
Unless your in a Dodge truck with Gasious and Odifferous!:scream:

Lorin

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jun 25, 1999
The hypocrisy abounds: Brian calling US names! Although I had a few, small "pooters," Brian was on fire both Saturday and Sunday. Between the snoring and other, he was making noise from both ends of the sleeping bag. Just ask Justin, he was trapped between Brian and myself in the trailer.

justql

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Oct 23, 2000
Tell me about it. I open my eyes once and see Lorin:eek: I then roilled over When I opened my eyes this time there was bswift.:scream: Scared me too death.

Jeff Gilbert

N. Texas SP
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Oct 20, 2000
Makes me glad I slept in a tent outside in the cold.:cool:

justql

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Oct 23, 2000
Craig and family risked the elements inside the trailer rather than risk being cold...lucky for them they were up front in a seperate room. I think they did hear all the giggling in the back though.

BSWIFT

Sponsoring Member
N. Texas SP
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 25, 1999
Noise is one thing but the watering eyes and burning nose followed by the windows going down in freezing temperatures, OMG!:scream:

BunduBasher

Boodoo-Bash-eRRR
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Feb 9, 2000
and one wonders why your wives/girlfriends refuse to go with you :confused:

BTW, I got to sleep up front in the RV in the drop down bed on Saturday night, the wife and kids got the bedroom :eek:

Top Bottom