CRFGuy

Aug 5, 2005
Wow what a weekend of fun! The bike was great, weather was outstanding, I had sunshine the entire time untill I put the bike back in the garage here at the shop and it started to rain. My ride was from New Jersey up to Bar Harbor Maine almost completely along the coast on either 1a or 1. I took 95 into Groton, CT then over to Mystic and from there just hugged the coast. Put just over 1,300 miles on the bike and have no complaints about it at all. For what it is it does the job better then I thought it would. Cruise control on a motorcycle is at first one of those things that makes you go hummmmmmm. Wonder when KTM will put that on the EXC models? I think Bar Harbor Maine is my new favorite east coast place to go. The view from Cadillac mountain is worth the trip all by itself.

One of the highlights for me was everytime a Harley guy would ask about the bike, like what did I pay for it? My answer was $110.00 a day. The hard core guys would just walk away shaking there heads like I wasn't really part of the club. It really made me laugh! I think this is a great deal if you want to street ride. They rent any of their models and the bikes are current model years. Mine was a 2010 with only 5,773 miles on it when I picked it up and I brought it back with 7,110 can't see why anyone would want to own one as you can rent it so cheap.

I will be riding this weekend. Need to get out in the dirt and play.

scooter1130

Paragon Junkie
Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
May 31, 2002
If you think the Bar Harbor area was fun a street bike, you should try it in the woods. :cool: My parents live in Ellsworth, in fact you were 2 minutes from thier house when you traveled up 1A. They are about 15 miles from Bar Harbor, and I try to make it up there at least once a year with the dirtbikes, and again in the winter with the snow mobile.

CRFGuy

Aug 5, 2005
Must be an awesome place to play in the dirt. If your looking for company on one of those trip let me know we could throw everything on my trailer and head up. Ellsworth is a nice area as well as everything else I saw in Maine. Wish I had more time.

scooter1130

Paragon Junkie
Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
May 31, 2002
If I ever go up strictly for a riding weekend, I will see who from DRN wants to join me. But usually, when I go to Maine, most of the days are spent with my parents, or my brother and his family with a few hours of riding on a couple days while I'm there.

My brother lives about 5 miles from parents, but 25 miles by road. The bike gives me a nice quick trip around the lake and through the woods to his house.

Papakeith

COTT Champ Emeritus
Damn Yankees
Aug 31, 2000
RI
hmm, Jersey to Maine and I didn't get a "hello" or an "I'm passing through? " :think: ;)

CRFGuy

Aug 5, 2005
Sorry about that Kieth but I wasn't on any real schedule where I could say this is where I would be or when so I didn't bother. It was one of those just cruise and see where we go. I think I went through RI in the wee hours on the way up and didn't touch it on the way back.

scooter1130

Paragon Junkie
Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
May 31, 2002
Timing is hard to try and meet you when people pass through Kieth, If they pick up the phone when they enter the state to tell you they are there, they are already out of the state before the second ring and you answer the phone.

Top Bottom