Trigger1911

~SPONSOR~
Jul 4, 2001
Hatfield-McCoy trip the 3rd, 4th, or 5th weekend in April!!!

Myself and Jason J are already on board. I have a tow vehicle for 6 people, maybe more. We are planning which weekend we would like to go. Now let me kwo who wants to go have some real fun with some great people!!

53fireman

Apr 2, 2009
What's considered the "weekend" and what would the game plan be? 1st weekend in May would be my best shot, but could probably scrape up a couple trades at work (since we don't get personal days) for the last weekend in April

53fireman

Apr 2, 2009
Figure out what dates you're going and post it... I work some point of all those weekends, so ill try to work something out cause I'm definitely interested in going. Tent camping or what?

Trigger1911

~SPONSOR~
Jul 4, 2001
OK folks, it looks like we are leaving Thursday April 21st and coming back on Sunday April 24th. So far it is Jason J and myself. Anyone else wanna come along?

Here is how we are gonna work it. We will check the weather several days in advance to make sure it will be ok for riding. If its gonna be crappy weather there is no sense in going. Keep this in mind if you need to schedule your time off beforehand.

Last edited:

BSWIFT

Sponsoring Member
N. Texas SP
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 25, 1999
Have fun!

JasonJ

Jun 15, 2001
Sorry, I did not see Trigger posted this already in the East coast main forum.
http://www.dirtrider.net/forums3/showthread.php?t=181049

Ok so me and the Trigger are set on this trip. Leaving Thursday afternoonish 4/21 and getting back in Sunday. Plans are to stay on the Browning Forks system at the campground on the Gilbert side. I know Fireman is interested so I though I would post it and see who sticks a ground hog head out of the hole ;-) . We will be rolling Triggers new 15 passenger van as of now with 2 or 3 bikes in it, any more we will pull a trailer with it. We plan to look at the weather the week before and decide if we will tent it or look into a cabin. If I recall the cabins sleep 4 and have a full kitchen with a great view!
Also, it will be a B rider trip with no one left behind and we will wait at every turn change. Riding is mixed much like RAC but there is TONS of elevation so if your skittish on up or down hills this may not be for you. I think we had a good mixed group a few years back with the DRN guys and all had a good time with no issues that were not weather related........ Did that kid ever find his pants?????

Last edited:

JasonJ

Jun 15, 2001
What info are you looking for? We are looking at the browning forks system and that looks like its now called Rock House trail. We will be staying at Twin Hollows camp ground right on the Gilbert trail head.
http://www.trailsheaven.com/businesses/detail/Twin_Hollow_Campground_and_Cabins,158.aspx

If for any reason we get bored Bear Wallow is a short trip and has some exclusive single track. Your HM permit allows you access to any of the 6 systems of witch Rock House is the largest by miles of trail.
all info is available here.
http://www.trailsheaven.com/default.aspx

RM_guy

Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 21, 2000
North East USA
Hey guys. I merged your 2 threads into the one here. The old one has been deleted but everything is in this one in chronological order.

I wish I lived closer to Hatfield-McCoy. Sounds like a fun trip. Have a good, safe time :)

Trigger1911

~SPONSOR~
Jul 4, 2001
If we can get a cabin with 4 people its only $40 per person per night. Not bad after a great days riding! Its $20 a night per person for a tent. I would rather have the cabin if we can. They have cabins that hold up to 6.

CRFGuy

Aug 5, 2005
Hey guys
I don't think I can make it even If I wanted to and I do. Have a lot going on with my sister right now. I think you might want to check out The Buffalo Mountain Trail System located between Williamson, Delbarton, and Matewan. From what I remember they have the most amount of single track there unless of course your into being around a lot of quads. Lot's of fun riding where ever you go and some great views! be carefull on the steep off camber switchback stuff.

Have fun stay safe

JasonJ

Jun 15, 2001
Thanks for the Merge RM guy. And then there were 3! I'm up for a cabin but we should book soon then. There are fire pits outside the cabins as I recall and we can request one near the tent area so we can be social ;-). We will have to see how we feel after 2 days then we can always hit another system on the way home for a day or two. Looks like Matewan is only 25 Miles away from where we are staying, we can ride it on the bikes! Weeeeeee!

Last edited:

Trigger1911

~SPONSOR~
Jul 4, 2001
I posted this trip on Thumper Talk also. I am pumped!!!!!!! It would be nice to get even more people to go along and share in the watersports!

Trigger1911

~SPONSOR~
Jul 4, 2001
UPDATE! I now have off on thursday April 21st. We can leave early and get there while it is light and set up for the night and be ready to ride first thing in the morning!!!
Rock on bitches!

JasonJ

Jun 15, 2001
We are booked for Cabin #1. It's the one closest to the office. Nice view! There is Wifi at the office and I'm gonna look at their booster when I get there to see if I can get it working, if so we should have Wifi in the cabin as well.

CRFGuy

Aug 5, 2005
Hey guys have a great trip stay safe and have lots of fun! Oh yeah watch out for Jason making that move that looks so easy he baits you in.......

JasonJ

Jun 15, 2001
Great ride, great fun, Great group. All home safe and sound. Trigger pulled a Hamie or something right out of the gate day one but rode thought it. Only damage is a blown fork seal on my bike at the end of day 2 and I think Trigger power washed a few stickers off his garage queen at the car wash. More latter when I get time. Hit me or Fireman up on Facebook to see pics.

CRFGuy

Aug 5, 2005
what about the guys that just refuse to do the facebook thing?
Glad to hear it all went well! Get the bike fixed quick so you can join us this weekend if I can get away.

53fireman

Apr 2, 2009
Here are my pics - https://picasaweb.google.com/andrew...?authkey=Gv1sRgCMHilqzMl_L-VQ&feat=directlink
I'm still working on what to do with all the helmet cam video. It really doesn't do justice to all the elevation.
I had a great time, those elevation changes are incredible. First day was raining ALL day and we did 65 miles of Green and Blue trails and rode from Gilbert to Man and had a liquid lunch at Keith's Bar and Grille. 2nd day was gorgeous all day and we did 61 miles of mostly Blue and Black and even the Black/Red trails. Also helped with a rescue mission of some folks from Ohio who were having a bad morning at 9:30 and were still in need of help after 1 when we stumbled across them... and then hit Keith's again in Man. I would definitely go again.

Top Bottom