mx547

Ortho doc's wet dream
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 24, 2000
how many of you are still riding? it doesn't seem like much going on in here anymore. this used to be a very active forum. even the north texas forum is dead.

DWreck

~SPONSOR~
Apr 14, 2002
I am. Not nearly as much as I have over the last couple of years. Living 100 miles from the 500 makes it a little tougher. It seems like everyone has had something going on that has made it tougher for them to ride.

mx547

Ortho doc's wet dream
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 24, 2000
DWreck said:
It seems like everyone has had something going on that has made it tougher for them to ride.

recovering from injury and being unemployed is a double-whammy for me.

DWreck

~SPONSOR~
Apr 14, 2002
Sorry to hear that Jay. I knew that you had been hurt but didn't know about the job. I have been whining about having to work weekends and miss races but feel pretty fortunate. I hope the economy recovers soon but I don't have much faith in our government right now.

Lorin

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jun 25, 1999
Not riding often, but my son and I did go out last month. I could be talked into it fairly easy though. Anyone riding this weekend? Sunday perhaps?

craig_enid

Mar 23, 2000
OKKXr is working on a Sunday ride at the 500. 50 degrees should be great riding.
Rung up 17 miles, today. Lot's of puddles, but great grip in-between.

tx246

~SPONSOR~
May 8, 2001
What is it gonna take to get yall to Talahina for a honest to goodness adventure ride? Anything can happen in 68 miles.

I havent done as many day rides but when I get out it has been for a weekend at a time.
215 mile D/S ride today and Barnwell Mountain Sunday for some singletrack.

DWreck

~SPONSOR~
Apr 14, 2002
crashnburn said:
moved to LR noticed Dwreck didn't make last enduro, wuss!

I had to work! I will be one unhappy camper if I miss the two day at Leadbelt in two weeks. Every race this spring is on MY weekend to work. I'm hoping to change that.

craig_enid

Mar 23, 2000
"Sunday perhaps?"
Missed you, buddy. Was about perfect.

"What is it gonna take to get yall to Talahina for a honest to goodness adventure ride?"
One of these days...

"moved to LR noticed Dwreck didn't make last enduro, wuss!"
Leadbelt?

"I will be one unhappy camper if I miss the two day at Leadbelt in two weeks."
I start the new job on the 27th, so I may be trying to hit one or both of the Leadbelts....

"how many of you are still riding?"
Looks like we went through a bout of job issues and other various 'speed bumps' of life. Hopefully we'll all be back rich and healthy for this next season. (How about 'not-so-poor' and 'can-get-to-the-bathroom-unaided' ?)

tx246

~SPONSOR~
May 8, 2001
Well, I went and jinxed myself on Sunday. I tackled a tree with my chest at 20mph and my ribs are lets say, hurtin' when I breathe. Scared the crap out of me as the bike didnt hit anything....it was all me slamming into a tree at 45 degree angle. Im smushed from my right bicep to my left kidney.

On a good note, if you like the 500, or OKC, Barnwell is your Eticket. Some of the best ST Ive ever ridden. Its like the above but it DOES have lots of elevation changes and various terrain that is mixed in just the right amounts.

DWreck

~SPONSOR~
Apr 14, 2002
Ouch, ribs seem to be a popular injury recently.

OKKX'er

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Sep 10, 2001
The ride was excellent. The cold wind was blocked once in the trees, a few mudholes, but good traction between. Brian, Craig and I rode 15 miles of red, then Craig and I rode 16 more. All the reds once, one twice. No one lost any skin or plastic.

DWreck

~SPONSOR~
Apr 14, 2002
tx246 said:
I have to ask Butch. What the hell is a gooch?
I wondered the same thing but have been too frightened to ask.

BSWIFT

Sponsoring Member
N. Texas SP
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 25, 1999
Did you have a run in with some prehistoric crotch critters? Monkey butt from the other side? Hope you get your gooch up, err, a, better.:whoa:

Top Bottom