Hebo HSX02 carbon fiber helmet, anyone have one?

Lonewolf

May 30, 2002
Anyone have this particular helmet? If so what do you think of it and where did you get it from? I am in the market for a new helmet and was going to buy a solid white Shoei VFX-R but the Hebo caught my eye when I saw the ad in the latest issue of Dirt Rider.

Dave.Smith

Dec 15, 2002
From what I've read on another board they are pretty nice. VERY light, well vented, nice interior materials (not up to Arai), run a little small. They are ECE 22.05 certifed (just about every place except the US), but not Snell or DOT rated. Since Gas Gas and Hebo have some type of relationship you can probably find one at a Gas Gas dealer for $250 to $280.

Patman

Pantless Wonder
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Dec 26, 1999
My wife got me one for Christmas to replace my busted lid. It's AWESOME! Light weight doesn't even begin to describle how light it is. They do run small and the chinbar is closer to your face than with some other helmets. The strap fastens out of the way with a snap so no dangling material flappin' in the breeze. The interior is quite a bit more sparse than any other helmet I've had or tried on but it's actually sort of nice. I lets the helmet shell be smaller and I really don't miss all the plush interior pieces and the air seems to flow through it better because there are less pillows of plushness blocking it. It does have removable liner pieces so it can be kept clean and sort of fresh like any helmet these days. She got mine through Adrian and Mandy at Lewisport which is a trials shop that I have gotten trials stuff from in the past. I have an NZI carbon fiber trials helmet that really peaked my intrest in finding a similar off-road helmet. I am a satisfied customer.

Lonewolf

May 30, 2002
Thanks for your responces guys. I think I am going to try one out. I like the way the Hebo looks compared to the Shoei and it is a little cheaper too. There is a GasGas dealer in my area I'll check with them first, if they can't help me I will check with Lewisport. Thanks Again.

JTT

~SPONSOR~
Aug 25, 2000
I have the Hebo "non-carbon" version. It is very nice. Like Pat says, they seem to run about 1/2 size smaller than say a Shoei. I too have been really happy with mine. Even the non-carbon version is very light. Easy on par with my previous Shoei VXR. Comfy and removable interior. My only grip is the rediculously long strap, but as Pat mentioned they do have a nice little snap to secure the loose end. I'd buy another...although maybe next time step up to the Carbon one ;)

Top Bottom