misshotnspicy

Apr 29, 2008
I just introduced myself in the New Member section, but I will re-introduce myself again.

I'm new to the forum and am looking to ride in the DFW metroplex. Any good places to ride would be greatly appreciated. Also, I am hoping to meet some riders as well.

Background: I first learned how to ride in Texas, but moved to Breckenridge, CO and have been riding 99% of the time there. Currently living in DFW and want to start riding again. I considered myself intermediate - advance rider.

P.S. I would love to go riding this weekend. I so missed it!

Thanks,
Laura

Proxy

N. Texas SP
Mar 14, 2005
Welcome :cool:

If you're looking for trail riding, most of us head to Red River Motorcycle Trails. Its a little over an hour away from most of the D/FW area.

http://www.redrivermotorcycletrails.com

We've also been known to make trips to Talimena State Park in Talihina, Oklahoma. You might hear this referred to as Talimena, the Kiamichi or Ouachita Mountains. Its definitely a gem with hundreds of miles of trails, but about 4 hrs away depending on your location.

JMD

Jul 11, 2001
Rocky Ridge is closer, but it's pretty limited, for trail riding. Other than that, there are motocross tracks, like Village Creek or Burleson.

TwinSpar

AssClown WannaBe
N. Texas SP
Aug 18, 1999
Other MX tracks that are close are:

River Valley MX (west on 114.... just west and south of Rhome) I live in Plano and it takes me an hour to get there. I'm headed out there this Sunday bright and early. Great dirt and good prep. It's a fun track that's novice friendly and still fun for more advance riders. There's only one gap jump. The rest are tables.

Texas MX (west on 114 and is on the right about a mile before 35W). Crappy black clay dirt and they do a pretty good job prepping. There are about 7 miles or more of offroad loops as well.

Shady Grove aka Shiny Groove aka Shallow Grave (south of Texas staduim by a couple of miles). NO prep ever, concrete hard pack, inexpensive ($10) and free grilled food on weekends. Don't ask me what food is.... I think it's chicken and some other stuff.... but it could be road kill. ;) It is tasty even though the prep area wouldn't even pass a Mexican Health Inspection.

Nocona MX (in Nocona, TX). 1.5 hour drive from Plano. It has primo dirt, prep, and layout.

MotoX Pit is SW of Dallas. Haven't been there but it looks decent.

Extreme MX Park in Corsicana. Haven't been but it is a racers track. ROUGH.

TwinSpar

AssClown WannaBe
N. Texas SP
Aug 18, 1999
Oh yeah... Marshal Creek in Trophy Club for offroad too.

misshotnspicy

Apr 29, 2008
Thanks Guys for all the recommendations! I live in Keller so the ones on 114 would be relatively close.

TwinSpar - The map is perfect! :ride:

TwinSpar

AssClown WannaBe
N. Texas SP
Aug 18, 1999
If you head out to Rivervalley on Sunday, look me up. I'm pretty easy to spot. Just look for a huge black Excursion with Dirtrider.net stickers on the side windows.

misshotnspicy

Apr 29, 2008
TwinSpar said:
If you head out to Rivervalley on Sunday, look me up. I'm pretty easy to spot. Just look for a huge black Excursion with Dirtrider.net stickers on the side windows.

Will do, TwinSpar. I need to get a motorcycle carrier first to tow my dirt bike. Looking for one without tie downs, but they are quite expensive compared to the one with.

If I find one by this weekend, I will definitely go. I'll be the one with a silver Hybrid SUV and a motorcycle carrier on the back. I will have my small Yamaha 125. :yeehaw: I'm short.

Top Bottom