trailman

Feb 12, 2002
Has anyone purchased a helmet camera from helmetcamera.com? In the laetest april edition of Dirt Rider magazine, in the back there is an advertisement for a helmet mounted camera you hook to a camcorder and record your ride. Has any one tried one if so how does it work? Is it worth the $300 price tag.

trailman

johnf3

Mar 21, 2000
They work good. You will need a camcorder with audio/video inputs. The audio is not too great, but the video is really good for the price.

bbbom

~SPONSOR~
Aug 13, 1999
I got a Color Lipstick Tube Camera for Karl for Christmas 2000 for less than $200.

I works well, except we've had some techinical difficulties with the camcorder batteries coming loose while riding and shutting the camera off. (Older camera but with the video input so we can make it work).

I'll look up the site but it was under $200 for the tube camera, with leads and battery power supply pack.

You might just do a search for Lipstick Tube Cameras - there is another site from Canada but they seem spendy.

This site offers a color set up without camcorder for $185:

http://www.maxmax.com/aXNiteCamera.htm

LoriKTM

Super Power AssClown
Oct 4, 1999
New Mexico
Just bought one a couple weeks ago from helmetcamera.com
Took it out on our skiing trip, but haven't tried it on the dirtbikes...yet. :)

Purchase the external microphone for better audio.
The whole thing is very easy to hook up and use, just make sure you find a safe place for the camcorder. If you buy the helmet camera kit, it comes all nicely packaged in a plastic foam-filled case. There is a separate battery that runs the camera and microphone, so you don't have to depend on your camcorder battery to do all the work.
Now all we need is a Firewire card to upload video to the computer!

Welcome to DRN

No trolls, no cliques, no spam & newb friendly. Do it.

Top Bottom