sferrero

Sep 25, 2012
HELP!!!!!!!!!! my 1997 cr80r will bog from about a quarter throttle to WOT and by bog i mean to the point of stalling. if I ride the clutch I can get it to ride but i have to clear out the carb like it is loading up..I cleaned the carb and also have tried every jet combo and needle combo i can think of, I even swapped my r&d exhaust for one stock one I had lying around. still nothing, i've checked the packing in the silencer, changed the cdi box, the coil pack, and even changed my jets to stock and everything in between. im to the point of just giving up.

helio lucas

~SPONSOR~
Jun 20, 2007
well, you can check the reed valve and change the spark plug.
check as well if the carb is getting enough fuel from the fuel tank. from here it sounds like not enough fuel :laugh:

sferrero

Sep 25, 2012
sorry for taking so long, but I have brand new reeds, plenty of fuel, and I changed the magneto and the coil pack. I sprayed the right side of the case (by the magneto) to see if it was leaking and it cleared it up when it is in neutral. but in any gear if I dump the throttle it bogs way down until it kills the bike.

ellandoh

dismount art student
~SPONSOR~
Mi. Trail Riders
Aug 29, 2004
check float height & verify fuel is flowing freely out of the tank to the carb

sferrero

Sep 25, 2012
the float seems to be good. my buddy got a cr 80 like mine but small wheel and we have put my carb on his bike and it runs fine. we swapped his carb on mine after he got a rebuild kit and it still bogs down if I hold throttle wide open. now if I slowly roll on the throttle to the power band it runs fine.

helio lucas

~SPONSOR~
Jun 20, 2007
you may need to check the ignition, may be weak.
for that you need the service manual and a multimeter with ohm scale. it´s not dificult but each bike has diferent values and procedures.

sferrero

Sep 25, 2012
I've checked the spark with a spark plug against the jug. and it was a blue spark and I've been told that's what you want. how would I check it with the multimeter?

Top Bottom