acanz

Damn Yankees
Dec 7, 2004
Hey, I just sent a request to join this group.

Im from Long Island, New York and I just started riding. I have 2 bikes, a 1973 Yamaha MX 360 and a 1988 Honda CR250R. I plan on going to the Island Motocross track in Yaphank tomorrow to try the Honda for the first time.

Im looking for other people in the area to ride with (I also have a house in Vermont if anyone lives over there) since none of my friends have bikes or ride.

Anthony

RM_guy

Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 21, 2000
North East USA
Welcome to DRN :) there are a few DRNers that live and ride in Long Island. If you don't mind traveling there are other places in PA that are good. We have a Spring and Fall ride at Paragon (near Haxleton, PA) that you are more than weltome to come to.

acanz

Damn Yankees
Dec 7, 2004
RM_guy said:
Welcome to DRN :) there are a few DRNers that live and ride in Long Island. If you don't mind traveling there are other places in PA that are good. We have a Spring and Fall ride at Paragon (near Haxleton, PA) that you are more than weltome to come to.

I heard about that ride at Paragon and I want to go. Is it alright if Im not that good and I go pretty slow (Ive only ridden a few times so Im still not that good, I can turn and stuff but nothing more then that)?

Treejumper

2 wheeled idiot
Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Sep 9, 2000
acanz said:
Is it alright if Im not that good and I go pretty slow (Ive only ridden a few times so Im still not that good, I can turn and stuff but nothing more then that)?

Your more than welcome to come no matter your riding ability. Heck i think you described half of us. ;) I'm a long way away otherwise i would take you out riding. Half my local buddies sold their bikes and i'm down to one riding partner. I think he rode maybe 4 times this summer. :( I have plenty of quad riders to ride with but they dont like my bike, it throws too many rocks. :laugh: Anyways welcome to DRN and let us know how your riding turns out.

acanz

Damn Yankees
Dec 7, 2004
Do you think it will matter that Im only going to be 15 years old if I can go to Paragon? It says you have to be as old as or older then the manufactures suggested age to ride, and I dont know what the age is for a 250.

Treejumper

2 wheeled idiot
Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Sep 9, 2000
Age wont matter. We have several families that ride with us and they have their kids with them.

RM_guy

Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 21, 2000
North East USA
acanz said:
Do you think it will matter that Im only going to be 15 years old if I can go to Paragon? It says you have to be as old as or older then the manufactures suggested age to ride, and I dont know what the age is for a 250.
You will have to have a parent or guardian with you and you have to be 18 to sign the waiver. It's nothing personable but we can't be responsible for a minor if anything should happen to you. As far as the size bike goes, if you can handle it, then you can ride it. I think that comment is more about quads than bikes.

Do you have anyone that could come out with you? Like Treejumpoer says, a lot of kids ride there with their family.

acanz

Damn Yankees
Dec 7, 2004
My family would go with me, but right now I only have a 1 bike trailer so my dad cant ride with me. When you go, do you ride the trails or the track (they have a track, right)?

RM_guy

Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 21, 2000
North East USA
acanz said:
My family would go with me, but right now I only have a 1 bike trailer so my dad cant ride with me. When you go, do you ride the trails or the track (they have a track, right)?
Right now it's just trails but they are suppose to have DirtWurx add some MX and SX tracks soon. You can have a lot of fun on the trails though. I ride a MX bike with just a skid plate and bark busters.

I bet with some ingenuity you can get a couple of bikes on that trailer. I've been amazed with what I've seen done before :laugh:

acanz

Damn Yankees
Dec 7, 2004
Thats ok RM_guy, I was looking forward to trail riding more then track riding. I can track ride without leaving the island, but theres nowhere i can (legally) trail ride.

About the trailer, its the kind of single place trailer with one rail for one bike... I dont think even a genuis could get to bikes on that (I doubt it could even support 2 bikes).

RM_guy

Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 21, 2000
North East USA
You may be able to hook up with some other DRNers from that area when they come out. I'd bet they could find room for an extra bike. I'll be starting a thread about the Spring ride in a while and you can beg for someone to help you out there.

Papakeith

COTT Champ Emeritus
Damn Yankees
Aug 31, 2000
RI
easy now dannyboy-

As of my last ride there (spring 04) there wasn't a track available, only trails. I believe there were plans for building a couple of tracks on the property. I just don't know how far along those plans have progressed.

Here's a link to their site: http://www.paragonap.com/

scooter1130

Paragon Junkie
Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
May 31, 2002
OK Ive been out of it for a while...forget about the weather and the ice...who wants to go riding :ride:

scooter1130

Paragon Junkie
Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
May 31, 2002
well my bike still has dried mud on it from my last ride in September so I feel like I just went every time I look at it

Top Bottom