spank

Jun 14, 2005
Hi,I'm writing from Italy (and to tell the truth my english is not very good).
I have at once a question:How can I tare a 39,5 keihin pwk for a cr 500?
I found an old pwk carb but nobody say me the right jets and needle.
Thanks in advance

Kav

Crash Master
Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jan 20, 2001
Hello, and welcome Spank.

Don’t worry, my Italian is much worse then your English. :)
I've only been to Italy once, but you guys make some of the nicest dirtbikes there. I can't wait to see Aprilia's SXV 550 and RXV 4.5 in person.

Feel free to cruse around the site and if you have any more qustions on you CR500 be sure to check the General Bike Repair fourm. There is lots of great information tucked away in there.

Here’s a link to a exploded view of a PWK Carb Click Here. If you haven't already, try checking you're local Honda dealer for jetts and needles. Another place to look on-line would be http://www.carbparts.com/

Tony Eeds

Godspeed Tony.
N. Texas SP
Jun 9, 2002
Welcome to the site :cool:

Be sure and go to your User CP and update information relating to your location, type of riding, etc. After that grab a spot on the couch and tell us a bit about yourself. How long you have been riding, what kind of riding you prefer, where you are located, etc.

I'll pass a note on to the Godfather of the CR and see if he can help you. You can also click on Service Honda in the list to the left of the forum. That will lead you to his shop.

Kav gave you some great links to start with. You can also check out the CR / KX / RM / YZ (2-Stroke) Discussion forum.

Again, welcome to the site, and shout if you have any questions!

AJ Waggoner

Crash Test Dummy
Nov 5, 1999
Spank-
Jetting is so specific to your elevation/weather/humidity-etc , so you will
always have to jet specifically for your riding conditions.

but a good base line at sea level..to start from
for a keihin 39pwk on a stock cr500 engine-

is 1368 needle in middle clip position..
175 main
55 pilot.

the slide should be a 6.0

that should be close enough to
try and then of course work from there..

*shrugs*

spank

Jun 14, 2005
Thank you very much AJ,I understand the problem,I'll try in that way but in Italy there aren't many 1/2 litre 2 stroke bikes and so I'll hope to found help out of my country...

Welcome to DRN

No trolls, no cliques, no spam & newb friendly. Do it.

Top Bottom