Mario

Feb 20, 2003
Hi. I run for my son a HM 50 CRX Junior Competition bike and I want to see if anybody has the manual (in PDF) for this bike. We have done a lot but it is always trial and error. Also does anybody have any tuning specification tips for the bike. My son is nearly 6 but riding very well and I want to make sure that I have the bike tuned and set up as best I can for him?

Jasle

Sponsoring Member
Nov 27, 2001
Are you planning on racing or do you race? As your finding out there is very little support for the HM. Nice looking bike but not quite up to par against the KTM or Cobra. There is no questioning why the Cobra was 10 out of top 11 spots at Loretta Lynns.
Not trying to be negative at all but if your serious about you kid racing and he is in fact pretty fast you'll want to look at swapping the HM for a cobra...Especially when stepping up to the 7-8 class where the HM is almost non-existent.
You'd really be surprised how much better you kid will do on a cutting edge bike. WE made the switch from an air cooled CM to a water cooled CM and the difference was HUGE!!! The HM jr is in the ballpark of the air cooled CM motor wise.

Jason

Mario

Feb 20, 2003
Jason, thanks for your honesty. He is just starting and is not really fast enough yet to move up. Ihave not seen the Cobra here on the Isle of Man but the KTM's will take our attention next year. One other spot of trouble we have is that the Isle of Man races under the UK's ACU (Auto Cycle Union) rules and you are not permitted to use LC bikes in the auto class only air cooled. Whilst we still ahve the HM where did you get your support from when you had one?

Kind regards

Mario

Jasle

Sponsoring Member
Nov 27, 2001
OOPs didn't realise where you were from. You won't see a Cobra over there because they are US only. They are fairly dominante here. Beta makes a nice bike with the same motor as the KTM LC50 except the topend is air cooled.
Actually one of our racing buddies campaigned the HM for about a year. He ordered parts from somewhere in California. Sorry I cannot be much more help than that. We have moved and I don't talk to him since moving. I'll try to get a hold of him but it might be a while.
I have also heard that the Polini bike overseas is better than the US model so is should be pretty good.

visit my web page if you want to see the cobra's even though you probably won't see them overseas.

Mario

Feb 20, 2003
Jason, Thanks any help will be great. Yes we are sitting on an Island in the middle of the Irish Sea !!!! Great motocross and some of the world's top riders in different classes from the Isle of Man. (I am not one of them though!). David and Juan Knight (Enduro) Steve Collie and Duggie Lampkin (Trials) to name but a few. If you do find anythiong it would be great. Incidentally I took a look at your web site and those bikes look great. Good Luck and catch you soon.

Kind regards

Mario

Top Bottom