HomeMadeSin

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 20, 2001
Enuff said. Any takers? Jen? Ray? Scott - you healed yet? I think Adam's out for a while. Others?

HomeMadeSin

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 20, 2001
I'll double check with the boss and make sure nothing's planned. Same trailhead?

HomeMadeSin

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 20, 2001
I'm in. Unless I hear from you, I'll be at the trailhead at 10am on Sunday.

CJ Rider

~SPONSOR~
Apr 3, 2000
Sorry for the delay in replying, HMS; I've had a hard time accessing this site from home this week for some strange reason. OK. The meeting place is actually my house at 10 AM (816 Teller Lane in Woodland Park; not hard to find) and then we're all gonna drive over to that same trailhead (because not everybody knows how to get to that trailhead). I'm guessing we'll be at the trailhead between 10:15 and 10:30 or so. It's gonna be a good-sized group it sounds like, so maybe we'll split up into two groups. If we don't see ya at the house, we'll look for ya at the trailhead!

HomeMadeSin

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 20, 2001
CJ: Sorry to bug out on ya. I got the new plates in, just haven't got her filled up and adjusted yet. I should be able to get things squared up for future rides.

Hope it was a good ride.

CJ Rider

~SPONSOR~
Apr 3, 2000
No worries, HMS; we'll catch ya next time out. We had a big group and a good ride on the Woodland trails. I'm kinda starting to get the Taylor Park itch. Wonder how much snow they have up there....

HomeMadeSin

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 20, 2001
Glad to hear the ride was good.

I'm trying to decide to ride this Saturday or go see the AMA Superbike series at PPIR. Is anybody riding on Saturday?

mxer842

~SPONSOR~
Nov 11, 2003
Hey guys, I'm going out to Aztec both Saturday and Sunday, anyone of you guys care for a little track riding?

HomeMadeSin

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 20, 2001
mxer: how much does Aztec run? I've never been there and I suck on mx, but if it is better than Watkins, I might give it a shot.

OnAnySunday

Big Pig
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 20, 2000
lost in the deserts of NM
Is Aztec the name of the track?
Any other towns near it? Did a map search, and "Aztec Colo." doesnt seem to exist.
I know about the track at Aztec NM. Confusing for these old worn out brain cells...........all 2 of em! LOL
Anybody allowed to come?? (if its not like a days drive or something....)
The Pig doesnt do well on a track, but loves to try. :ride:

HomeMadeSin

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 20, 2001
Wally, I'm afraid it's a haul from Farmington. Aztec (website ) is just a little east of Colorado Springs, CO. I checked Map Point, and it is just a mere 315 miles from you (almost 7 hours, maybe 6 if you cruise on the interstate (only I-25).

If you were crazy enough to try it, let me know. Otherwise, I was split between Aztec or finding a co-rider or group to ride Woodland Park or Rampart Range (trails).

I'd even meet you 1/2 way if there was a place to ride. Only have Saturday free this weekend though.

Let me know.

HomeMadeSin

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 20, 2001
Actually, the route MP suggested had no interstate. DOH!!!! That's a haul.

OnAnySunday

Big Pig
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 20, 2000
lost in the deserts of NM
Yea, thats a good haul!
Mebbe someday, but not at this point.
Hey, being as we are an official DRN chapter now, dont we get access to the corporate jet??? :laugh:
Would make the trip quicker!

Did the Moab thing last weekend though.
Didnt get to hook up -w- T. Eeds & co., but had an alright time anywhos. (they mustve left early, or i just got in there too late....) :(
Tried 2 trails. One was too easy for my sons old ATC70....(was rated E, out of E,M,M+,D,& DD. get your mind out of the gutter... :rotfl: )
The other...(D / DD)....well i probably should've took the hint when the only other vehicles heading that way were trials bikes and jeep rockcrawlers.......... :bang:
Absolutelly GORGEOUS scenery there though.
And the landscape wasnt bad either.... LOL.
Will have to try it again someday.

TaxPhd

Dec 29, 2003
I'm riding this weekend, but no dirt. I am taking the MSF course. Did the first day today, so far so good. I'm shopping for street bikes next week.

Scott

HomeMadeSin

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 20, 2001
Uuuhhh. Scott, I thought it was no street for you? Your my hero. I plan to do the same, when finances get better.

TaxPhd

Dec 29, 2003
That was the original plan - at least my wife thought so. ;-) She wasn't very happy, but she is getting over it. She took me shopping for helmets (for her!) so she could ride with me.

Top Bottom