cwy426

Jun 22, 2001
Hoping someone can point me in the right direction to find info regarding Husqvarna. I would like info regarding reliability, etc. My wife has outgrown her Honda XR 200. We have been looking at specs. of all makes, and it looks like the Husq. has the lowest seat hieght and lightest wieght. Want to convert next bike to rode legal, also. Were hoping to find a four stroke, but most are too heavy and or tall. Looks like we may have to go with a two stroke. I have not owned a 2 stroke since my first bike at 13, a Hodaka Ace 100 (I'm 42, started riding again 4 years ago).We ride only trails, no racing, put almost 1000 miles on this year. How long could I expect a 2 stroke to go before needing a rebuild at that type of pace?
Thanks for any help you can give.
Carl

Bliz

Dec 25, 1999
I own a 2001 Husky 400. Bike is very reliable and excellent quality components. Also, getting a license for a Husky is easier because the MSO does not have "for off road use only" printed on it. I have had both a KTM and KDX 200 with over 3000 miles on them, both had racing miles on them and after checking the top ends , both were still in spec. Keep the air filter clean and a 2 stroke top end will last a good while.

bud

Jun 29, 1999
Reliability and spare parts availabilty for modern huskies is very good. At 1000 miles/year of relaxed (?) trail riding, a top end for last for ages, I guess 2 years or more on a 250. I know of a woman locally who rides a wr360, but as for whether a 360 the best chick-bike around, I kind of doubt it. Like the other euro bikes, Huskys are made to be ridden hard. The wr125 has very smooth power, and plently off the bottom for a 125. Or possibly the upcoming te250 4 stroke, which I think will be like a trick wr250f.

ToddHawaii

Apr 3, 2000
Hey Bud!
Been a while...what's wrong with your bones? You still have your Husky? Just ordered new graphics for mine(third set of plastics!). Hawaii-riding sure tears up bikes. But the Husky's still goin strong.

CWY426 - I'm with Bud, I would wait for the new four-Husky 250.

Aloooha!:)
Trailtramp
98'Husky
87'Husky
74'Husky

Rich Rohrich

Moderator / BioHazard
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jul 27, 1999
Chicago
I spent some time on a 2000 Husky CR125 and was amazed at how smooth and rideable it was for a small bore two-stroke. No where near as hyper as my Honda CR125. Being able to easily ride it at lower revs should make it last a good long time.

The little Husky had great fit and finish, and except for a fork that was super harsh (it was easily fixed with a revalve) it was ready right off the showroom floor. Put the WR transmission in that bike and you'd have an excellent novice/intermediate bike. Light, easy to start, relatively low seat height (compared to the Honda), and really sharp looking. Nice bike.

Top Bottom