Treejumper

2 wheeled idiot
Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Sep 9, 2000
I tried riding mine for the first time after breaking my ankle and it didnt go to well. Went over the handlebars when the front slide out from under me. Didnt get hurt and didnt get very far. :) If i knew there would be snow on the ground everyday from November to February i would of invested in ice tires.

WoodsRider

Sponsoring Member<BR>Club Moderator
Damn Yankees
Oct 13, 1999
TJ - Last year I invested in a set of ice tires and got to ride once. Everyone who had Trelly's rode all winter. This year I bought a used rear Trelly, put ice screws in a front tire and the next day we got two feet of snow. Good thing I still have the ice tires.

BTW - A 450 4-stroke with a good set of ice tires is the hot ticket on the ice right now. ;)

Treejumper

2 wheeled idiot
Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Sep 9, 2000
With my luck i'd get a set and put them on only to go outside and find we had a warm spell while installing them. :)

WoodsRider

Sponsoring Member<BR>Club Moderator
Damn Yankees
Oct 13, 1999
Yes! Trelleborg's use special carbide tipped studs. Ice tires are usually built using somewhere between 800 and 1200 ice screws (special sheet metal screws designed for gripping the ice). Ice screws are installed from the outside. The lengths used for ice racing tires require the use of a liner to keep the screws from puncturing the tube.

Top Bottom