Papakeith

COTT Champ Emeritus
Damn Yankees
Aug 31, 2000
RI
I was looking around the other day at the DYDR site.
Is it worth having?
Is there some way that I can make it more useful?
Toss me some ideas.

WoodsRider

Sponsoring Member<BR>Club Moderator
Damn Yankees
Oct 13, 1999
We can start by posting organized events in the area. I doubt we'll ever truly become an organized club, besides who needs that headache.

Perhaps one day there will be a couple rows of Damn Yankees at an enduro. Or maybe the night before a Turkey Run we can set up camp and have a cook out complete with deep fried turkey. ;)

Papakeith

COTT Champ Emeritus
Damn Yankees
Aug 31, 2000
RI
When I set up the site, I envisioned us using it to keep track of upcoming events(races) in our area, and any DYDR rides, maybe even a swapmeet section. Unofficially, we have about 30 members or so.
Ultimately, I hope to have us host a Dirtweek-like event in our neck of the woods. Paragon seems to be shaping up nicely for that.
What I need are updates, and new listings of events to keep things fresh. Maybe a ride report or two. Some pictures, some videos.
I would like to see us gather in force for an event too. Maybe we could plan for something in the spring. Really plan. And hopefully make a good showing.

WoodsRider

Damn Yankees
Oct 13, 1999
I usually post my ride reports in the Ride Reports forum. As for posting events here it doesn't seem to spark interest from many DYDR's. I know some don't like to ride/race competitive events and others like to ride/race MX. So in all honesty it doesn't seem like this forum works well for advertising local events. This forum worked good for setting up the Paragon rides and the Catraland/Unadilla Nat'l weekend.

Papakeith

COTT Champ Emeritus
Damn Yankees
Aug 31, 2000
RI
I'd like to ride the events, I'm just not set up (read VT reg.) for most of the enduros. I plan on running most of the PSTR short course HS this year. They need to update there site so I can get the dates. I think I already missed one :(
Anyway back to my original question.
Is there a way it can be made useful. And if so, how. What would make it better for you guys? I'm wide open for suggestions.

DANIEL JOSEPH

Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Sep 14, 2000
Maybe solicit and post member’s race results. Post New England events such as Enduros, Hare Scrambles, MX, Turkey runs and accompanying info.

RM_guy

Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 21, 2000
North East USA
Keith,
I for got about the DYDR site to be honest with you. :eek: I think DRN is a good place to organize events and the web site to publish pictures and videos, etc. I think it is a cleaner place to post things like that than in the DRN gallery. We just have to get the info organized to put in there.

BTW,
I was going to start a thread in here about a NE DW like we discussed. I just haven't gotten to it yet. I'll get something started this afternoon.

Treejumper

2 wheeled idiot
Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Sep 9, 2000
Info on the members might be nice to go with the picture (those that sent on in!). That way you know who is where and what type of riding they do. That way if someone is interested in enduros they could contact someone close to them for info. I'm like PK, dont have the bike or registration to do any of the enduros that you guys like to ride. Makes it twice as hard when you dont live in the state its held.

WoodsRider

Damn Yankees
Oct 13, 1999
Originally posted by Papakeith
So make it more like a magazine type of thing?
No, make it more of a what's happening site. Include links to online flyers for races and route sheet information for enduros.

Members could post a bio, what kind of bike(s) they ride, what races they attended, what place they got, etc., etc.

Papakeith

COTT Champ Emeritus
Damn Yankees
Aug 31, 2000
RI
yeah, I'm talking about the DYDR website. click the link in my sig to go there

Papakeith

COTT Champ Emeritus
Damn Yankees
Aug 31, 2000
RI
If you guys want to send me info, I'll post it. Maybe, time permitting, I'll even make a Bio page. But I could definitely do a what's coming up link from the main page.

WoodsRider

Damn Yankees
Oct 13, 1999
You could start by removing your little friends from my picture. And that green hulk look-a-like in your pic... c'mon Keith, everyone knows you're just a big 'ol puddytat.

Papakeith

COTT Champ Emeritus
Damn Yankees
Aug 31, 2000
RI
Uh-uh, nope, not gonna doit. your friends stay:p. I have been thinking about changing the Hulk thing.

WoodsRider

Damn Yankees
Oct 13, 1999
Sylvester is more your speed.

"I thay thon that there'th a tweety bird"

Dapper

Sponsoring Member
Jan 25, 2002
PK
It appears to me that the site is quite a bit of work and you do a great job. I think posting in this forum is easier and visited more often. I know I check in several time a day. Everything one would ever need to know is here or a link to it. I could be wrong :moon:
I think the Damn Yankee page is under utilized, but I do visit every week.

Hucker

~SPONSOR~
Sep 15, 2000
The reason why I"m so smiley in my pic, is cause I was going to play with a '02 KX250 the next day :)

PK, the idea of a DW like event in our neck of the woods would be killer. And if Paragon got their MX track all sorted out, that place would definetly rock!

Shaw520

Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
May 14, 2000
PK, Your site is all good, and I like Bills' idea, to make an 'events bulletin' showing dates and info on all H/S, enduros, turkey runs, in the NE.
Sort of a 'one stop shopping' to get dates / events from NJ to Maine.
BTW,...what is PSTR??

"rippinrol"

aka tippinroll
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jun 11, 2002
Papa,
I'm sure it took a lot of work to set up DYDR. So keep it going. Maybe we should gather more videos and pictures. I also like Willys idea also. A DW would be down right sweet up here too. Would AMA be part of it or would it be our little jam..

Welcome to DRN

No trolls, no cliques, no spam & newb friendly. Do it.

Top Bottom