2strokerfun

May 19, 2006
Wanted to get up to Alpha motocross for a couple of years, but never made it. So I got a hall pass yesterday and met a buddy up there. But it apparently had closed and is now reopen under new ownership. Took the 34-year-old elsie and had a really fun time. I rode on the back track so I didn't get pummeled by flying four strokes on the front MX track. All three tracks were groomed and had nice dirt. Nice kids track up front, MX track with flying four strokes in the middle and more of an old school track in the back. Cost was $20 for a fun day of riding. Had to raise my needle a notch after about five laps because of some detonation issues (All the jetting in the world on a hard, flat field doesn't come close to simulating a MX track with deep dirt and hills coming out of corners). But got that sorted out and got to feel the satisfying slam of my 6" of suspension travel on a tall tabletop that both tracks share where they join for about 200 feet in the middle. A lot of people were there and place was fairly busy. New owner is Bob Jandebeur, who grew up around dirt bikes as his family owned Jandebeurs Cycles, whom long-time Tulsans probably still remember. I'll be back next time I get a hall pass. Still want to make it up to Wellston and seen what Reynard has done with that track since buying it.

BSWIFT

Sponsoring Member
N. Texas SP
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 25, 1999
I hit the woods yesterday. The track there looks to be fun. I'll have to try it out in the coming months.

Top Bottom