Jeff Gilbert

N. Texas SP
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Oct 20, 2000
I'm starting to lose count how many of these I've done now but I just finished up another Friday & Saturday of my annual arenacross races here in Waco. The track this year was an awesome layout. They didn't utilize the entire arena but the overall lap time were longer than in years past. The start was up the middle then a left turn over the 1st table. A right hand turn followed then through the rhythm section which consisted of 5 jumps. The 1st 4 were huge do or die jumps but the 5th & last was an easy and very forgiving jump. There was a stutter bump on the outside if you took the fast line into the next turn on the entrance & exit then through the 1st set of whoops, they were stadium sized and would eat a front wheel. A left turn accros the arena floor then another left turn and through the 2nd set of whoops which were again stadium sized but I thought they were very easy to do. A right hand turn and over a small table to the catapult, easy 2nd gear. A tight right hand turn and over another table and accros the start for lap 2. I ended up pulling the holeshot on Saturday night but got squeezed out in the next turn and held onto 2nd for almost the rest of the race before having to settle for 3rd 2 nights in a row. It was a perfect 2 days of racing, I got to come home in one piece. Thats my report. :)

Jeff Gilbert

N. Texas SP
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Oct 20, 2000
whenfoxforks-ruled said:
Nice job! I found a clip from that race, http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tX0oi73XMII. What is the age range on your vet class? Not a lot of outdoor racers transition to indoor. I always enjoyed it, how do you do outdoor?
That was a video from last year, I ran over 40 in that race and got 4th. This year we put together a class called "Waco Eagles Vet Class" and the age range was from 25 up. Lots of fun!
In the outdoor I usualy race in any of the vet classes, especialy if there is an over 40. I find the older I get the more I want to keep the wheels on the ground :nod: Truth be known I am probably a mid to rear novice and I probably wouldn't do that good racing against the "young ones" except I may be a little smarter :laugh: In local races I am usualy anywhere from 1st to 3rd.
You are correct when you say there isn't much transition from indoors to outdoors but it was loads of fun.

Sawblade

Timmy Timmy Timmy!
Sep 24, 2000
Congratulations Jeff! I have a riding buddy that does a few Arenacross races every winter and always wants me to go. I have no interest in the tight confines of a rodeo area!

Job will done! :cool:

Top Bottom