thomas123

Oct 31, 2001
Hi, my jumps are pretty consistent, but on the rare occasion when the bike kicks sideways of a jump I can't figure out how to bring it back, I know that you have to be on the gas when you land when sideways, but there's got to be a way to bring it back before you land..., any ideas? Thanks

Anssi

May 20, 2001
At least for me the problem is freezing when the rear kicks sideways. I've started practising whips (or sad efforts in that direction) to get used to bringing it back. I have no problems directing the bike when I've intentionally put it sideways.

KTMKyd

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Mar 20, 2001
If your rear wheel is kicking out sometimes, try slowing down the rebound on your suspension. That doesn't actually answer your question but it's more the source of the problem most likely.

thomas123

Oct 31, 2001
I've already tried the reboud thing, my problem is getting crooked from things like going off a rutted jump cross ruted, or somthing similar that throws the rear end out. I find that when it happens I don't freeze, I feel myself trying to correct it by pulling the bars in the oposite direction and trying to pivot the bike around my legs, I don't know if it helps or not but it's not getting it strait for the landing.... common, someone out there's got to know the secret...
Thanks in advance, Thomas

Lutz

Oct 3, 2001
I don't know a whole lot about this subject, but it seems I've read elsewhere that you should weight the peg on the side of the bike the rear end is swinging to; i.e. if the rear end kicks right, weight the right peg, if the rear end kicks left, weight the left peg. That should help to "push" the bike back to where it's supposed to be.

Lutz

High Lord Gomer

Poked with Sticks
Sep 26, 1999
I, too, have limited success recovering from a bike unintentionally getting sideways. Squeezing the bike with your legs all the way up the jump face does help keep it from happening, though...even (especially) on rutted faces.

Welcome to DRN

No trolls, no cliques, no spam & newb friendly. Do it.

Top Bottom