KTM Mike

~SPONSOR~
Mi. Trail Riders
Apr 9, 2001
Hey Sparkey! Long time since I saw you on DRN!

I will come up with a spot for you...lets see..there is that 1/2 mile long narrow, curvy drive you will have to back down though....nah...just kidding! (the drive is 1/2 mile long, arrow straight, super wide!)

I will find a spot - worst case you would have to drive across my field, but while the grass is tall (other than on the grass track itself - I mowed it tonight in fact) there is nothing to worry about hidden underneath.

I will get that PM out to you right away. About what time do you think you will roll in Friday night?

jnugent...man that stinks. sign of the times unfortunately. I can relate, I got a 10% pay cut a year ago. Feel free to come just for a day trip if you would like.

SPARKEY

~SPONSOR~
Mi. Trail Riders
May 7, 2001
we are going to try to leave Saranac around 5:00
should be there around 10:00
Saranac is between Grand Rapids and Lansing

thanks Mike

Sparkey

INCA

~SPONSOR~
Sep 1, 2003
To M & M - That you have put together this happening is simply top of the line. My thanks to both of you and to all others than will be attending. The reason for my being on here now is that I'm taking Mike up on the motor home offer and therefore putting in dibs for one of the sleeping places. My plan is to arrive 8 -9 AM Saturday and take it from there.

As a side note - I have sent word to Woodsy that he can relax and keep his mind on the driving as I will be on my best behavior over the weekend, not picking on him when he isn't present to defend himself. It can be taken for granted that this depends on definitions and interpretations.

The laughs are starting already. Oh yes, I'll be bringing some dessert too. Like something called rum cake.

Young Ted

Fred T

Mi. Trail Riders
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Mar 23, 2001
INCA said:
To M & M -

The laughs are starting already. Oh yes, I'll be bringing some dessert too. Like something called rum cake.

Young Ted

:nod: Glad I brought a designated driver!

YZMAN400

Dec 2, 2003
Man this is sounding like a lot of fun. Too bad I cant make this one. Digger (my boy) is racing his 1st MX race next weekend at Big Air and I am taking him to the track this weekend so he can get some track practice time before his big race next weekend. Maybe next time.

Asrith

Jul 18, 2001
I cant make it either, I have the guy coming to get the boat this weekend on saturday. I am still looking for the right deal for a bike too. This sounds like a real hoot. Good news I will be in on future events, so things are looking a lot better for the future. Well at least this is progress. I am sure everyone will have a good time. Look forward to seeing you all next time.

MWEISSEN

Whaasssup?
Mi. Trail Riders
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Dec 6, 1999
Guys, I already told Mike, but I thought I'd better post here - I'm not going to make the ride this weekend. I've had a family emergency that's going to keep me home. This time it's not with me, and everyone is OK.

This sucks because Mike has ONE HECK of a ride planned. IT'LL BE AWESOME!!!

I was going to do burgers for Saturday, but Fred has graciously volunteered. Heck Freddy Burgers beat Marky Burgers any day of the week.

Have a great ride!

KTM Mike

~SPONSOR~
Mi. Trail Riders
Apr 9, 2001
Mark - we will all miss you here, but we understand! How about we all crash in your honor? Any special requests? flying W perhaps? A nice graceful low side on the grass track? (i am good at those!)

This all shaping up nicely. Fred T some some fun ideas up his sleeve, so does Ted evidently! (can i be designated eater?). Those of you arriving Saturday AM, it looks like 9:00 to 9:30 ish is when most are arriving, some earlier, some (Sparkey and Nate) coming Friday night. Feel free to arrive earlier if you wish - I will be up and around early and eager to ride!

The weather has been HOT! Make sure you all start pounding down the water NOW! Hydration is key in temps like this. Bring a hydration pack or water bottle for when we ride, and we will make sure to adjust our pace and take breaks to cool down a bit from the heat. The trail does go near some small lakes and streams - i expect we will be soaking our heads for a bit! We have gotten some rain this week - late afternoon, early evening Thunderstorms, short intense, then they move on - very hit or miss. Just tonight I got rained on hard for oh, 30 minutes. then the sun was back out! 3 miles away at Joel's house - he got nothing! So I dont think rain will be a negative factor for us (it would cool us off nicely actually). While it may be hit or miss, where it does hit it will help keep the dust under control as well.

For those of you who might be looking for more of a dual sport type ride instead of ORV Trail, I can show you a nice route that will zig zag across the ORV trail other will ride, some back roads etc that you can take to meet up with us at spots where the trail crosses etc. - so you have ample choices to!

If anyone wishes to come, but has not gotten driving directions,send me an email and I will get them out to you. If you have perhaps been a "possible" but have not yet confirmed, and do want to join in - feel free - send an email or post here (I will check it tomorrow during the day, tomorrow evening and perhaps Saturday evening or early AM.)

See you guys soon!

Smit-Dog

Mi. Trail Riders
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Oct 28, 2001
I am very iffy, but would still like to come up. It may not be until late afternoon on Saturday though. We have a big party we're scrambling to get ready for Friday night, then it's the clean-up on Saturday, then loading everything up and the drive.

Either way, save some energy for an early evening ride... heck, it stays light till 9pm!

KTM Mike

~SPONSOR~
Mi. Trail Riders
Apr 9, 2001
Bill - we will leave a light on for ya!

Depending on exactly when you arrive, (note that was WHEN...not IF!) we may still be on the trails. If so, my wife will be able to point out the route to you in you MCCT mapbook - come find us! Of course, as you pointed out the late day light is great! (recall our ride at the CCC Kids Ride a couple years ago? Was a bit dark in some sections! fun though) Worst case, you could get in some riding here Saturday evening, then on Sunday some longer mileage.

BTW - I will try to get some arrows (black on a white background - like they use for Enduros) up on the road corners where you turn off of M-32 towards my house, then at my drive way - it should not be hard to find though, even without those arrows. Just stick your head out the window and listen for the sounds of music...two smoke music...four stroke music, mixed in with YeeHAW music!

Asrith and YZ - maybe next time we do this you can join us! Enjoy your son's first Race YZMan - one of those proud daddy moments in the making! Asrith - get moving on buying that new bike!

Now for a brief confession ...for MXGirls benefit. My name is Mike, and I....spent the day in a golf cart today .... I didnt touch a golf club once, but I did spend several hours in a cart. Where I work had a fund raiser golf outing and I had to watch the hole where a hole in one won a new car...boring! tough day on the job though! I kept looking at the way the "t" was set up - would of made a great step up jump! Ok...i feel better now that i have that off my chest...back to our regularily scheduled programming......

CR250R@WINTERS

~SPONSOR~
May 28, 2004
Tomorrow morning

Still planning on coming. Hope to get over there by 10:00ish at the latest. Hopefully we won't miss the big departure time. Waiting for a friend from down-below to get to my place and then we will be on our way. There will be three of us checking in for the day. Can't wait. See you all then. Oh, by the way, if you guys pull out earlier for the trail, just leave us a note where you will be and I'm sure we can hook up somewhere along the trail.

3KDXXR2

~SPONSOR~
Mi. Trail Riders
Jan 3, 2002
:( :( Man, I'm so bummed that I cant ride with youall. I haven't ridden since the end of april, and have been trying to get to camp chaos for 2 yrs. :ahhh: Well have a great time and maybe we can do a ride in July. Im planning on the weekend of the 9th, july. Maybe Lincoln hills?
Curtis

MWEISSEN

Whaasssup?
Mi. Trail Riders
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Dec 6, 1999
What a grueling, nerve wracking week. I ended up crasking 11 hours last night I was so tired.

I sure could use a good ride, but am afraid to plan anything else for awhile.

I sure would like to hear about the good times you guys got to have!

Fred T

Mi. Trail Riders
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Mar 23, 2001
I Can Only Speak For Saturday.

We got to Mokes around 10:30 and they were in the woods. The lkids got dressed aeventually the group headed out to do the B loop. I ran Gas/lunch truck and met them at a spot that the trail intercepted twice. Joel came with me so I had company. They stayed dry until near the end and got wet for 20 minutes, but I hear it felt good as it was hot up there. After etting bakc we had a cook out and feasted on dogs, brats burgers, watermelon, beans, potato salad and rum cake. After dinner settled it was time for grass track time trails. Every one di at least a lpa to establish a time and then we did some match races based on base times and gave out handi cap start times. The racing was bar to bar and a blast to watch. I wish I could have ridden. My kids really enjoyed the time there and envy Mike and their Kamp KTM set up. Thanks to Mike, Sheila, Mark and Mitch for a great time. :cool:

KTM Mike

~SPONSOR~
Mi. Trail Riders
Apr 9, 2001
I had a great time everyone! Thanks for coming. Mark - we did miss ya, but we will get together soon!

Fred did the quick write up here. I will do the LOOOONG version in a separate post. I have a bunch of pics to post as well, but that will have to wait a bit. I think Fred, Ted and SmitDog got some pics as well.

Welcome to DRN

No trolls, no cliques, no spam & newb friendly. Do it.

Top Bottom