tonebone_23

May 13, 2002
Im lookin at a 96 kdx 200, does it run like an mx 2-stroke or more like a 4. Does it sound high squeeling when you rev itand spit out blue smoke, and do you have to mix gas?

Yamablue

Apr 23, 2002
It's not like a old 2 stroker that sounds like a week wacker revved all the way out. It is premix though, and it probably spits out the blue stuff. But try smokeless oil (that's expensive)

XR400RMan

Dec 11, 2000
I've heard that the KDX's feel like Honda XR's,if that is the truth there will be no "HIT", No you don't have to mix gas but you won't ride very long. If you have alot of money then just buy gas and don't worry about the premix oil, The money will cover Cylinder Wall damage and Piston damage. Matt

Brian

Stanbagger
N. Texas SP
LIFETIME SPONSOR
May 1, 2001
Originally posted by XR400RMan
If you have alot of money then just buy gas and don't worry about the premix oil, The money will cover Cylinder Wall damage and Piston damage. Matt

Are you insane??? :| A bike requiring premix wouldn't last 5 minutes before it seized on you. Don't recommend something unless you know what you're talking about :|

Last edited:

mackay

Jan 7, 2002
Stan...boy did you get that right...one persons joke is anothers tradgedy
As for Tone_Bone23 yes the KDX is a 2 stroke...no it doesn't thump like a 4 stroke, I don't have one but from other posts here it seems to be a truly saweet bike. Yes you will have to mix gas and oil but in the overall scheme of things its not that big of a deal. No matter what bike you choose you will learn to love it I'm sure, by the way if you find it smoking too much its probably a jetting problem, and as far as I have seen and experienced THIS IS THE PLACE to get some assistance in dialing in the jetting. RIDE ON!!! :aj:

Its all fun and games till someone welds an engine together

XR400RMan

Dec 11, 2000
Stan_Flemmings and mackay I know the bike wouldn't last 5 minutes before it would sieze, Thats why I said "no you don't have to mix oil in with the gas BUT you wouldn't ride very long", I thought it was a dumb question when I typed that being sarcastic but then I remembered that Polaris's ATV's have Oil Injecters and that he might have heard something about Oil Injecters and thought the KDX had one, I should have come back and appologized but I didn't so I will now, Sorry for any confusion and didn't mean to make anyone mad. Tone_Bone23 I think a KDX would be a great bike, Matt

Top Bottom