jimicarl

Aug 7, 2001
for what it's worth..., i've been there. keep in mind that i'm basically a play rider. we tend to charge it pretty hard on occasion..., but i enjoy a moderate pace and a little socializing every 10-15 miles. you & i are about the same size/weight.

a couple years ago..., i turned my '91 RMX over in favor of a '99 KDX220. an outstanding move on my part. the KDX is so much easier to ride..., it's just not funny. my riding partners told me that my overall speed increased immediately. i have much less trouble with obstacles, and spend a whole lot less time hauling my butt out from under a prone bike.

the KDX is lighter, more comfortable, more tractable, and (with a few minor mods) has a realy nice hit in the upper mid-range, and (again with a few minor mods) revs out just fine thankyou.

i have absolutely or reason to make a move at this point. i can't think of a better bike for all-round use. it's a great play bike, and i think would make a pretty good enduro race bike (others in this thread will attest to that!).

the RMX was fine..., but didn't pull as well in the low end (even with the torque mods), felt heavier, felt more top-heavy. and didn't start first-kick every time like the KDX.

unless you're in for race-day antics on a regular basis, you'll love the KDX. If you're into a full-on go-fast deal without a lot of mods..., you might be happier on ad KX, EXC, YZF or something along those lines

take a look at Canadian Dave's KDX forum, for much more info on KDX vs. other brands/types.

happy shopping!!

Welcome to DRN

No trolls, no cliques, no spam & newb friendly. Do it.

Top Bottom