BUCKWHEAT

Nov 14, 1999
I would personally go with the 450. 250 probably won't be much lighter. My dealer told me the 250 was to be very different from last year's but still not a tire roaster.

Ted

Mar 25, 2000
I have a 2003 and a buddy has a 2002. He had some issues at first but it runs like a champ now. Mine has run great from Day 1! I had a 99 300 EXC prior to this, and this is a much better bike for me and where I ride. I don't consider it to be weak at all.

Ted

panman11

Feb 4, 2002
I have an 02 250 RFS and the stock jetting was, lets say, less then optimum. But, change the needle, new main and the bike completely wakes up and is something in-between an XR and WRF. Actually the bike is much closer to the WRF with, less top end but, more low end. I got a killer deal on mine (repo man coming special) and I have not been disappointed. This is the most fun bike I've ever owned in my 20+ years of riding dirt bikes.

BUCKWHEAT

Nov 14, 1999
Apparently, Thumper Racing offers a 300cc kit for it now. Dick Burleson was at a off-road show here in Denver today and he said his new 250RFS is getting the kit right now. He said he prefers the 125SX as far as two smokes goes and felt the little thumper was a little down on power, hence the big-bore mod.

Top Bottom