RM_guy

Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 21, 2000
North East USA
I'll be there but not sure which day. I haven't ridden since last July and I'm getting carpal tunnel surgey in 2 weeks but since this ride is late in April, I'll be fine...just settin' the stage for when you see me dragging on the trail :laugh:

RM_guy

Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 21, 2000
North East USA
Who else in in for Saturday the 27th? I should have a crew with me and we'll meet at the McDonalds in town @ 8:00 for a hearty, health breakfast!

CRFGuy

Aug 5, 2005
Steve and I will be there. leavinghere around 6:30.
Dave look for my white Suburban and trailer if I don't catch you at MD's

RM_guy

Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 21, 2000
North East USA
Man, that was a good ride! I haven't been back on the bike since last July and I was definitely feeling it but I had a blast. I'm pretty sore today and last night both legs were going into spasms :ohmy: I'm glad I had the carpal tunnel surgery, my hand never went numb but now the other hand is so I'll get that done in the fall.

Gordon, I couldn't find you in the pits. At least I got to say hi when you first pulled in. I just rode loops 1 and 2 a few time and that was plenty!

53fireman

Apr 2, 2009
Pretty good stuff there. You missed the bedrock section on loop 3, I thought that was pretty cool, but sure you didn't miss the mud in loop 1, man that was killer. We were parked in the back right of the parking area, kinda between the the start and end of loop 3...

RM_guy

Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 21, 2000
North East USA
Yeah the mud was a pain. My buddy just got a 2008 KTM 300 and he put a trails tire on the back. He loved it in the dry but hated it in the mud. Plus he's about 6" sort of being able to touch the ground.

CRFGuy

Aug 5, 2005
Hey dave
Sorry we missed each other. Our group decided to run the choices backward so as to avoid the crowds. We started at 3 then did 1 so i'm sure that's why we didn't hook up. Tell your friend I have a friend who is going to be selling his 08 KTM 450exc which is setup for someone 5'6 with a 29 inch inseam. If he's interested i'm sure it we be resonably priced. The suspension is lowered and spring rate set for someone around 150-160 has a steering stabilzer, skid plate, brush guards,

RM_guy

Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 21, 2000
North East USA
Hi Gordon, My friend just bought the 300 but I told him about the 450 anyway. He is 5'6" too and it sounds perfect for him but he would never be able to convince his wife he needs another bike!

CRFGuy

Aug 5, 2005
If the 300 is an XCW that's an awesome machine. I have a 2012 and love it. The best way to describe it is like riding a mountain bike with an engine. Very light.

CRFGuy

Aug 5, 2005
Tell him to try disconecting the grey wire under the tank in the harness. It changes the ignition mapping and makes the bike hit much softer. Won't pull your arms out quite as far.... You can also buy a bar mounted switch so you can use either setting. Tell him to look on amazon or ebay and not buy the KTM swicth which is 80 bucks. I think I have the Slavens which was about 20 and does the same thing

RM_guy

Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 21, 2000
North East USA
The guy he bought it from installed the ignition from a SX 250 and has a SX250 head on it. Not sure what all that does but it has pretty smooth power. It may not even have the option to change the mapping. I'll ask him.

Top Bottom