SULLY

Apr 17, 2002
Following a recent crank rebuild, My son's bike has exessive clutch vibration(not noticed before crank rebuild). I have replaced the clutch basket bushing, inspected all parts, and compared it with a friends bike, but cannot seem to cure it. It is worst at low revs, doesnt seem to affect performance, but is a worrying noise. The crank was balanced during rebuild, so it is not crank imbalance, my best guess is that either the clutch basket bearing (located in the RH crankcase)is duff, although it doesn't have much play when compared to another bike, or the clutch basket itself is imbalanced, I would appreciate any help from anyone who has seen and cured similar clutch probs, thanks Sean South Wales UK.

SULLY

Apr 17, 2002
The clutch arm on the side of the casing visibly shakes, and the vibration lessens when you pull the lutch lever in(disengage). Also it is audibly located in the clutch area.

aharoncross

Oct 22, 2001
It might be something in your gearbox.
When you pulled the clutch, I guess the bike was at natural gear, so the shafts in the gearbox were driven even the clutch was pulled, try to put it in first gear and check it, if the vibration eliminated then its something in your gearbox, if not ... well.. I will think on something else.

Welcome to DRN

No trolls, no cliques, no spam & newb friendly. Do it.

Top Bottom