Nov 8, 2010
okay guys im hoping some1 helps me here cause im stumped,

bikes is a 1993 kx125 when i 1st got the bike i pulled it down rebuilt top and bottom end and checked the gearbox all was good there and with a good top end it was runing tops.

anyhow was out riding fire trails and fairly rocky ones at that had no dramas all day shifted gears sweet as, when i went to leave took off hit 1st as i started up the hill, flicked second and no deal, lots of crunching grinding and stoping. back to 1st take offf ride up hill no dramas try second again no deals grind crunch lock up. get back to 1st after freeing it up and i could get every gear bar second so i was going 1st to 3rd lol.

today i pulled the motor and box down i expected large chunks of gear floating in the casing but no nothing the input and output shafts are intact as are all gears there barely even chiped if at all. so the qustion is why dont i have second gear anymore????

the upper selector fork on the output shaft looks a lil worn but on the bench i could engage second gear by hand.

for what its worth 90% of the time i wont use the clutch changing gears and im fairly sure i wasnt when this happened, hence i thought id busted a gear or 2.

let us know what u guys think.

cheers

arnego2

Mar 8, 2008
I think that the little worn selector could be the fault here. It is a big difference to shift with speed of running or by hand. Staying in gear seems to be the problem.

Top Bottom