Moparman1539

Sep 9, 2006
Ok, i have a 1983 KX250. It is very hard to find stuff for, but i am trying to find the rear side panel like this (the first picture) to fir onto m,y bike because i have the 1984 rear fender on it...

I found that picture on bikepics, and it says its a 1984 KX250 (that means it would fit onto my 1983 KX250) BUT, when i try to find an 1984 kx250 side panel somewhere (OEM parts..) it comes up the same as the 1983 KX250 side pannel (which is part of the fender[Picture 2])...

Now... i would like to order the rite side panel (picture 1) but i cant find it for the life of me... Can someone get me a good picture of a 1984 KX250 to see what the real side panel looks like or find me what im looking for...

Also does anyone know how hard it would be to fit a newer (like 1990 and up) onto it. it doesnt have to be perfect , i can drill holes, and trim, but would it be worth the time?

Ive looked everywhere but came up empty handed...

Picture 1
zzzbike.jpg

Picture 2
zzzbike2.gif

Thanks for the help!

MXSparx

Mr. Meltsomeglass
Jul 25, 1999
NoVa
the second pic is the fender. Go to Buykawasaki.com and scroll down past fender to side covers. They look like large plastic 7's
What you have circled in red is actually 2 seperate pieces.

Moparman1539

Sep 9, 2006
It looked like one piece to me, because i couldent find a crease, and 1985 and up it would be 1 piece, but it doesn't fit.

Also i know the second pic is the rear fender, but in 1983 the side panel/number plate was part of the rear fender. and all it had was this:

And that is all that shows for side panels...

convert

And that is all that shows for side panels...

j.lawson

Jul 18, 2007
The pic of the bike you posted is not an 84, it's more like a 88-90??? I think?. The fender/side panels for 83-84 are the same, thats why you cant find it. And good like finding a panel like in that pic anyway...

Moparman1539

Sep 9, 2006
well... The frame is an 84 or older... Because from 85 and up it split on the front poll (i dont know the exact name for it..) Also with the other pics with the motor in it was an 84 because of the way the exhaust pipe was routed through the bike. here is the bike as a whole. (picture)

I have been looking and the older KX500, and KX125 side pannels looked like that, so im stil searching, but no luck, and any help is appreciated!

bikepics-499756-full.jpg

j.lawson

Jul 18, 2007
yep, your right. I just went off the radiator shrouds but what do I know :coocoo: .

So, are you wanting a side panel that is exactly like the one in the pic? Cuz I could'nt find a bike that had one exactly like that, close, but not like that...weird

Hardo

Jan 7, 2004
Kx250 C2

That is a 1984 KX250 C2. It has an angled safety seat setup (which removes the possibility of it being a 1983 model), and the expansion chamber coming up on the left hand side, which the combination of both can only be found on the 84 model. Another tell-tale is the upright "dog bone" rear shock single linkage which was only found on the 83 and 84 models.

The swingarm adjusters are the internal (rear-inserted type)type also, which were only found on the 84 model and not on the 83.
It also has rear drum brake, which makes it pre-86.

So after all that is said and done, your bike is a nice 1984 KX250 C2.
Hope this helps.

Last edited:
Top Bottom