Dapper

Sponsoring Member
Jan 25, 2002
Originally posted by MRRMX
Dapper...Any other riders coming from wcmc? Dual sporter would like it there.
Wonder if Matt R. knows of this ride?
Don't know if anyone else knows about it. I have not met Matt in person yet. Most of the club was really busy with the hare scrambles this past weekend. They may need some down time. I'll try to remember to ask tonight at the meeting.

Papakeith

COTT Champ Emeritus
Damn Yankees
Aug 31, 2000
RI
5 days and counting. . .
Is it the 10th yet?:)
Speaking of that last line, has anyone heard from Trigger lately?:think:

LoriKTM

Super Power AssClown
Oct 4, 1999
New Mexico
Trig's out in Sturgis, SD for the annual Harley conference. :debil:
Although I did see that his KDX was in the For Sale forum a couple weeks ago. What's up wit dat??!!

LoriKTM

Super Power AssClown
Oct 4, 1999
New Mexico
Otay, last minute details...

Flyin_Kaw, is there enough room to bring our trailer into the campsite area?? I thought I saw something before showing the size of the sites. We can always throw the bikes on the back of the truck, if necessary.

We'll leave Saturday morning, arrival at Turkey Point about 10-11 am, and ready to ride. Since we can't ride from the campsite, where should we all plan on parking/meeting? One of the previous posts mentioned the park entrance. Someone who knows the area--pick a spot!

Dapper

Sponsoring Member
Jan 25, 2002
Looks like we will be there for the camping only as I'm on the DL for a couple of weeks. :whiner: But I'll be ready for the next ride :aj: :moon:

Dapper

Sponsoring Member
Jan 25, 2002
Well PK it's like this,
Sunday at WD's in Cortland riding some great trails and all of a sudden this tree jumped up and bite me on my shoulder (I fell into a tree). What a klutz!!
To make a long story short the Doc says I've strained some tendons in my shoulder. It was such a great day too. I was so embarrassed :ugg:
If it does'nt feel any better by Friday I think I'll have to bow out of camping also :whiner: One of my coworkers ask if I was done with the bike now. I told them things like this happen from time to time just like skiing or bicycle riding.
If I don't see you guys Saturday have a great and safe time :aj:

weimedog

~SPONSOR~
Damn Yankees
Nov 21, 2000
Sorry to hear that Dapper! No reason to be embarrased it happens to all of us...When I was waiting for Dave to staple an arrow on his new trail to ..I haven't figured out where yet, I did slow tip over. More like a stop, reach down looking for a perch, and tipover when there wasn't one. Busted the radiator on a stump and bruised the pride a bit. Of course it also tweeked my already ruined ankle. Didn't notice until the next day. Oh well, my kids call me teeter-totter because of that ankle....And that trail is going to be one of the best ones out there after I get through it with the Backhoe!...LOL I'll leave it natural. It's a good one. Dave told me he was going to send the East Coast Trail cutting tool.....nail clippers to clean it up with.

Last edited:

gooby

Nov 8, 2001
Dap that's a bad deal man :( ...u say the E word? no such thing ,ask Ben how my form was as i floped it right in front of him (that hairpin turn Walt)on the grass track lol .if i'm not hurt i wouldn't deprive my friends a chuckle at one of my spodely moves,they've come to expect it and i got big shoulders lol. u thanked us for watchin ur back....we didn't do anything u wouldn't do for any of us.that's what it's all about no ?get well ....we gotta hit the trail again sometime :) i hope Dave's new trail is at least bar wide haha.
ps it's killin me not to b goin to the point ride :(

FLYIN_KAW

Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Apr 19, 2000
hey dapper if you don't come, we'll see about renting out your spot. :)
On a serious note. Sorry to hear about the shoulder. I hope it heals up rather have you out riding with us then not. heal quick ok

Dapper

Sponsoring Member
Jan 25, 2002
I didn't even think about the site. I cancelled the reservation yesterday and got a refund. It's probably still available If someone doen't have a site. Feeling better everyday. What's cool is I have a bruise from my shoulder to the middle of my forearm, my kids think I'm hardcore. I won't tell them I'm a klutz, they know I'm a wimp. Anywho another week or 2 and I be back to my bad self. Have a good time at the Point. This will give some quality wifie time which is not a bad thing. :confused:

Papakeith

COTT Champ Emeritus
Damn Yankees
Aug 31, 2000
RI
Papakeith and clan have left the building. Next stop US Border detention center ;)
is it the 10th yet?

LoriKTM

Super Power AssClown
Oct 4, 1999
New Mexico
Wow, sorry about the shoulder, Dapper! Never a squeak or a word out of you about it, either! And here this whole time I thought you were having trouble with your back.

Take a little R&R, and recover fully! There will be another ride before the year's out!

Dapper

Sponsoring Member
Jan 25, 2002
Lori,
It was a little weird. The back thing was an old man pain happens once in a while, but the shoulder did not ever hurt til I got out of the truck at home. Oh well it's not if you crash it's when you crash. Boy! just wait until next time. :aj:
Have fun!!

Top Bottom