craig_enid

Mar 23, 2000
28th Annual Leadbelt Enduro, Park Hills, Missouri
April 18-19, 2009
BJEC and AMA National 2-Day ISDE Reliability Qualifier

Hey DWreck, looks like I got a kitchen pass for a 3 day weekend, :laugh: are you still heading east?

DWreck

~SPONSOR~
Apr 14, 2002
craig_enid said:
28th Annual Leadbelt Enduro, Park Hills, Missouri
April 18-19, 2009
BJEC and AMA National 2-Day ISDE Reliability Qualifier

Hey DWreck, looks like I got a kitchen pass for a 3 day weekend, :laugh: are you still heading east?
WooHoo! Yes I am. Jason and Jeff were interested in going but neither of their bikes have spark arrestors and I know Jason's bike would not test under 96 db with the motor running.

I plan on being ready to go the minute that I get off work on Friday. We can work out the details over the phone.
p.s. Give Mary a hug, I wasn't looking forward to having to make this trip by myself.

craig_enid

Mar 23, 2000
What's the possibility of scrounging up some sparkies for the Jeff and Jason?
I'm looking forward to a leisurely trip to your place, then blasting off when you cut loose. I might crash at your place Sunday night, and finish my trip on Monday morning...?
Next we gotta figure out the format, make sure we know the protocols and procedures for the event. Doesn't sound too complicated, just different things to be aware of.

DWreck

~SPONSOR~
Apr 14, 2002
Enduro_Nut said:
Well... inquiring minds want to know...

Who brought home the wood??
That would be Craig. None for me.

Rain and mud was the story of the weekend. On Saturday the conditions turned it into a 72 mile hare scramble for me. I was struggling by mile 18 and in full survival mode by mile 43. I was told that I had houred out at about mile 64. You know it's bad when you come up on something that looks really nasty and go to down shift only to realize that you are already in first gear!

Sunday extra time was added to the schedule and some of the atv trails were used making the first 24 miles actually pretty good and then it was straight back to the single track that we had ridden on Saturday. While there had been 28 people in my class on Saturday only 11 showed up for Sunday. I was riding better but had a loop out on a really nasty up hill that resulted in a broken rear fender and then while heading down the creek in the 4th special test (around mile 41) I hit a rock that I could not see under the water that folded me over the bars and then the bike and I went swimming. I was okay but the bike took a drink and I ended up getting towed a couple of miles by a sweep rider to the paved bicycle trail and from there took the ride of shame back to camp in the bed of a truck. Everyone in my class DNF'ed day two.

As far as Blackjack points go it was a really good weekend. It was easily the most difficult 100 miles that I have ever ridden and I feel that pushed my limits and became a better rider as a result. Did I mention that I am sore!

Enduro_Nut

~SPONSOR~
Feb 7, 2002
YIKES! :ohmy: Sounds like a REAL tough enduro... tough and nasty! Did you get the water out of the motor?

I agree with learning after a tough ride... it can vastly improve your skills and stamina. This type of ride is what seperates the riders... GREAT JOB, you stuck it out!! :cool:

DWreck said:
That would be Craig. None for me.

Rain and mud was the story of the weekend. On Saturday the conditions turned it into a 72 mile hare scramble for me. I was struggling by mile 18 and in full survival mode by mile 43. I was told that I had houred out at about mile 64. You know it's bad when you come up on something that looks really nasty and go to down shift only to realize that you are already in first gear!

Sunday extra time was added to the schedule and some of the atv trails were used making the first 24 miles actually pretty good and then it was straight back to the single track that we had ridden on Saturday. While there had been 28 people in my class on Saturday only 11 showed up for Sunday. I was riding better but had a loop out on a really nasty up hill that resulted in a broken rear fender and then while heading down the creek in the 4th special test (around mile 41) I hit a rock that I could not see under the water that folded me over the bars and then the bike and I went swimming. I was okay but the bike took a drink and I ended up getting towed a couple of miles by a sweep rider to the paved bicycle trail and from there took the ride of shame back to camp in the bed of a truck. Everyone in my class DNF'ed day two.

As far as Blackjack points go it was a really good weekend. It was easily the most difficult 100 miles that I have ever ridden and I feel that pushed my limits and became a better rider as a result. Did I mention that I am sore!

craig_enid

Mar 23, 2000
"This type of ride is what seperates the riders..."
It truly was an 'Enduro'! I started the day stalled on the FIRST hill, courtesy of the only rock present there. Had to make TWO attempts before getting up and moving on. Picking the bike up at least 25 times... UPHILL EVERY TIME!!!
Snotty root-filled ruts....
Snotty root-laden off-cambers....
Snotty root-filled, rock-infested, leaf-strewn rutty uphills....
Snotty root-filled, rock-infested, leaf-strewn rutty downhills....
By my recollection there was a grand total of 13' 9" of 'tractable dirt' in the 43 miles I rode. The worst spots were some weird goo-like mud that had the front and rear tires trying to swap ends, while paddling along in first gear. Then the final section was whooped out rutted deep sand that was sapping any energy that I could recover.
At mile 30 I went from trying to save something for Sunday, to "Lord, get me back to the camp and I'll go to church every Sunday there ISN'T a race!"
I will never out-drive Tiger Woods off any tee-box, hit a Nolan Ryan fast-ball, or finish day 2 of the '09 Leadbelt. Not going to happen.
Here's some vids I took on day two... Enjoy!

http://rides.webshots.com/album/571260961ecgndw

crashnburn

Apr 24, 2004
pics up look at hillbillygp.com general discussion under thank yous and pics and on cambden photo link through bjec website, still finding mud and sand in different parts of bike and me!

WOODSGUY

Sponsoring Member
Mar 20, 2000
Hey guys. Been a long while since I posted on this site. But Donald told me you guys hung out over here. Had a great time at Leadbelt. The wifes graduating from college the day before Mansfield so that ones up in the air. Definately be at Trainrobbers.

Carrol Dickerson

craig_enid

Mar 23, 2000
Many thanks to you and Donald for sharing the tent and easy-up! Really enjoyed the weekend... :ohmy:
I should make Hardwood, and hope to get to Trainrobbers.

DWreck

~SPONSOR~
Apr 14, 2002
craig_enid said:
Many thanks to you and Donald for sharing the tent and easy-up! Really enjoyed the weekend... :ohmy:
I should make Hardwood, and hope to get to Trainrobbers.

Awesome, hopefully it will be done raining by then. I'm not in the mood for another mudder.

Thanks Donald, having the tent already set up for us made life much easier.

Carrol it was good meeting you.

tx246

~SPONSOR~
May 8, 2001
Craig,

Did the Rekluse help in the mud? Mud is sucky.

Top Bottom