Fred T

Mi. Trail Riders
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Mar 23, 2001
I'm starting a new thread dedicated appropriatly to our first ride this season!

Quote from Mike (fatherandson)

>>There is a Burger King at the first Harrison exit that would work for people coming from the north and the south. Do NOT wash your trucks before coming to Leota. The road into the trail head is 3-4 miles of gravel and dirt. <<

As the time nears we will confirm and pick start times based on who has the farthest to come and what they prefer but proibably either 9:00 or 10:00 AM and we'll be off by 11:00 !!! Don't forget to get your new ORV stickers the old ones expire March 30th!!!

Mike bring that birthday beer you've been talking about!

Lets start a head count! I'm in!!! See ya all there!
:)

70 marlin

Mi. Trail Riders
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Aug 15, 2000
I'd like to try! spudrick #1 & #2 would along too. as long as there no snow or ice!

Tom Dixon

Farmer Tom = Face Planter
Mi. Trail Riders
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 15, 2001
Tim and I will probably be able to make it, but the gas crew (my dad) will be out of sevice do to that evil store. I predict that a few cabbage patch bikes could be dominating!:p

Fred T

Mi. Trail Riders
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Mar 23, 2001
It's getting Greener! The system is full of loops so we can easily get bact to the trail head to gas up no problemo! You got your lisense? How you getting there?

Tom Dixon

Mi. Trail Riders
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 15, 2001
We're going to have my mom bring us down. About midway through I will call her and have her come pick us up at the end. How far are we riding? I can make it about 35 miles on that Green machine KX. :aj: :aj:

fatherandson

Mi. Trail Riders
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Feb 3, 2001
Dominate?????

You may overpopulate the group, but you will NOT dominate!!!!

Tom, I am planning to be in Lake City on Friday. I could save your mom some driving. I'll give you guys a call.
I agree with Fred (not very often though) that the loops in Leota will make a chase truck unnecessary. In fact the early birds may get in a warm up loop rather than waiting for everyone to arrive. We could wait until everyone reaches the trail head before going on a long loop. No loop will exceed 35 miles.
I will be there on the 6th (I may even go for a ride on the 5th), but I do not know if Circuitrider will be in attendance.
Mike Jr.

Tom Dixon

Mi. Trail Riders
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 15, 2001
Hey Mike,
We (as in my family) will prolly be at your Dad's on Friday. He came in a talked with my old man (no offense). But as far as a domination with the Green,:p I've be training for hairscrambles and have lost 30lbs, so be prepared...........:moon: :moon: :moon:

fatherandson

Mi. Trail Riders
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Feb 3, 2001
I just got a call from my dad with an update on the trail conditions in Leota. He said the two tracks still had ice and snow (due to the snowmobiles packing down the snow), but the trails looked clear of snow. I will ask him to give us another update next week.
Tom, if you lost 30 pounds and those new boots do not fit anymore, let me know. Do you have an odometer on that cow??
Hey Rick...how about a weather forecast for our ride????

Tom Dixon

Mi. Trail Riders
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 15, 2001
Sorry Mike The boots fit even better now!!!!:p :p :p No odometer yet. Though, I could prolly barrow one from Greg Iott the guy I bought my "cow" from. :D

MWEISSEN

Whaasssup?
Mi. Trail Riders
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Dec 6, 1999
Have a great time guys! I'll be on my way home from South Carolina on Saturday, so the new KTM and I will have to catch y'all at Rites of Spring!

bwalker

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jan 10, 2000
Question, How tight is Leota? I rode the trail loops off Grim rd in Gladwin and thought they where great, is Leota simular. If its not too tight IM in.

Fred T

Mi. Trail Riders
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Mar 23, 2001
Not too technical at all

We took my neighbor out for his fist woods ride ever and he had no trouble. Leota will not have the quad "two trackers" problem like Gladwin. Join us! Lets see that five hunney roost some sand!

bwalker

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jan 10, 2000
I see your in Bay City. Want to drive up together and split fuel? I got a three rail trailer and a extended cab dodge diesel so I got plenty of room. BTW can I get away with a 2 gallon fuel tank, the AF isnt too bad on gas so far, but I havent got a lot of time on it to know how far it will go.

Last edited:

Fred T

Mi. Trail Riders
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Mar 23, 2001
Thanks

but I'm kinda fond of my new enclosed trailer, but it holds just 2 bikes. :( . I've promised my nieghbor we'd ride up together. Sorry. Post that you want to hook up with someone...theres a group coming out of the thumb and another from Detroit area.

Leota has several loops that get you back to the trail head and we're going to have plenty of guys on MX bikes with those puny tanks so you should have no fear, besides if you open that baby up much on the main jet you will be my hero! :eek:

Last edited:

michman

Mi. Trail Riders
LIFETIME SPONSOR
May 7, 2000
Howdy All,
Just to let you know that myself and two others will be there for sure. And 3 more possible. Meet you guys at the trail head. Now hopefully no more snow and travel plans work out so I can make it home.

Mike

Hiller

May 22, 2001
Trying to get a few together for the ride. I'll update when I know for sure.

Badgerman, is your wife ridiing? My wife may ride with us, she has a TTR 125L.

Mike

Jeff Allen

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Sep 23, 1999
Been real busy lately, but I will be there (can't let the cabbage patch out number everyone :) )
Hope you can make it Ben, can't wait to see you new AF

If I don't post much here until you all see me at Leota, don't count me out I will be there.

Loctite

Jun 1, 2001
Snow and ice in the 2 tracks of Cadilllac, but looks like warmer weather on the way. Trying out my new suspenders on the DRZ this weekend. I have to travel to Florida on business the 5-11th. Will have to see you guys on the next ride. I still have the BVD pic of Fred T. at the river. Mike you win it with the Jack Pine T-shirt offer.

Craig

Fred T

Mi. Trail Riders
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Mar 23, 2001
Craig

you better keep a close eye on the cook at the upcoming trail fests if that picture ever ends up on the internet! :eek: :eek:

rickshaw

Sponsoring Member
Sep 24, 2000
PREDICTIONS

It all came to me last night during the almost full moon, Leota predictions;

FredT will not bear his bvd's.

Temp's hovering at the 50 degree mark, BIG TRACTION.

Too early in the season for much greenery, except envy:confused:

Pumpkin domination.

Are we meetin' at 9:00 or 10:00am?

Jacked and ready to ride!

Rickshaw

fatherandson

Mi. Trail Riders
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Feb 3, 2001
I am in for a 9:00 start. Anybody else?

The trail system at Leota is set up in loops. If someone can not make it at 9:00, we could pick them up after a warm up loop.

Mike

Fred T

Mi. Trail Riders
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Mar 23, 2001
9:00 AM it is!!! For got about the opportunity to sneak in a little loop B4 10:00 Good idea!!! So it's really 9 and 10!! Rick if you have your heart on seeing my BVD's they will be previewing in the trailer when I change my gear. I'd hate to disappoint you! :)

rickshaw

Sponsoring Member
Sep 24, 2000
you got it backwards

Freddy, you're gonna be lookin at my backside if I can get around you!!

9am is great for me - at the BK or trail head?

Another revelation - fun will be had by all!!!

Rickshaw

fatherandson

Mi. Trail Riders
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Feb 3, 2001
How about 8:30 at BK so we can be on the bikes at 9:00? We will take a warm up loop and be back at the trail head by 10:00.
I'll bring the camera. However, the only pictures I will be taking of Fred's new trailer will be from the outside.:) Acutally, I had the camera at our dinner at the BBQ, but I was too busy filling my face to take any pictures.

Top Bottom