Let's ride

Whew, Great ride today! The weather was hot and so was the pace. Everyone rode very well and FAST. I scrambled last night to get the fork seal replaced. It came in at 3 PM. The front end took a bit of dialing with the new oil. Glad I only changed 1 out and not both! I'm whooped and I think everyone else but Steve was too until he got knocked a bit loopy on the way back in when he tried to bunny hop out of the low side of a wash out to make a pass. I was so inspired by his gusto on that line I followed him! Hope you get your senses back bud, you road very well and fast and I was impressed with your corner speed, skills and some very creative lines! Brad rode very fast today ON THE FRONT! and did not run into the back of me so that's great. I think we are going to take it to another level this year! I was getting hand and arm cramps latter in the day when I turned up the pace so I need a bit more fitness and getting use to the heat but what a great way to get in Shape! Andrew was riding very fast and I was shocked at one point when he lead the pack out on some single track and I did not see him the whole long trail! Turns out he took an odd line and it led into some gorge and we passed him and never saw him. Man I was pouring it all out trying to catch up to him too and I was like, how fast is he going! Still it took all I had to reel Brad back in on a very long section! Hey, that's part of being the front rider, Gordon knows that well and got reminded again when we were on single track with tight twist and turns down hill to find a tree knocked across the trail. Not so bad but the trail was about 3 feet cut into the ground so it was a big pile up brake check, again, with Brad behind me, Im glad his brake control is much better this year! We decided to go back and remove the dangerous dead wood.
Great ride guys! That's what it's all about!

Steve's knee

Would you believe that after all the falls he's taken some of which were really bad. He was in bed twisted the wrong way and tore his meniscus in his left knee. He's having surgery this morning to clean it up.
Hope he does well and recovers fast so as not to miss the whole season.

Holy crap. I've dislocated my knee cap in bed before, that's some painful stuff. I guess mine could have been torn, but who knows, never went to get it checked. Tell him to heal up quick.

I'm sure you'll get more details when we go out riding with him again. Just remember what I always say "Things happen to Stimmy"

Sat. 6/11 Looking good so far

Hey guys
This Saturday is looking good for me and I could use some fun to distract me from all the family stuff right now. There is no way Steve will make it, needs at least 3 more weeks. Looks like Brad, Matt and I so far. Anyone else?

Yeah I'm in. Gonna be coming off a 34 hour shift and got a long weekend ahead, so don't kill me. Let's check out the other side of 61...

We'll see it's pretty rutted out over there and I hate parking over there as I know Buddy and Dror had stuff stollen off their trailer. Darrell and Matt were there last weekend and they didin't have much to say about it. I have the enduro on my GPS now and I'm not saying no but the terrain on the side we ride is much better for the group. I doubt you would enjoy the enduro stuff I know it would be work for sure. I didn't ride it but from what I was told it was very tough and most folks didn't finish. Buddy took 2nd and Dror took 3rd.

Just checked weather and it looks like it will be cooled down out there for Saturday but high chance for thunderstorms. I'll keep an eye on it and decide tomorrow night.

Morning looks better than afternoon. I'm loaded up now, gotta bring my stuff to work since I'll be there til Sat morning...

Bagging due to weather

Just checked weather again and really don't feel like driving 2 hours for rain so let's try for next week.

Jet ski party? Got no Cash for Gas for the van this week and it's empty :-( Rear tire on the FZR is showing cords now, and the 87 5.0 went on strike this week, to top it all off my health ins co said they did not get my check that they cashed so I had to make a payment until they get it figured out. They say I'm covered with no lapse but you know if I get jacked up they will say I'm not covered :p

let's see Jet ski's on the river in a thunderstorm and no heath insurance. Sounds like the recipe for loosing the house.

Yeah I'll take care of your house if you get zapped then. Now I'm gonna have to go do real dangerous stuff around the house like mow, mulch and play with farm implements.