CRFGuy

Aug 5, 2005
Will tell you this the longer you wait to get surgery the worse it gets! You did have an MRI done, right? If you get it fixed now you won't have to deal with scare tissue build up. I would say you already should have had it done but who am I to talk I still haven't had my ACL replaced in my right knee.

CRFGuy

Aug 5, 2005
Hancock Dualsport this weekend... ride report

Turned out to be Brad, Steve, Dave and I. We all met up kind of late toward the end of the sign up at around 9:00. The first part of the ride was going to be a hill climb right out of the box. When the 4 of us got there it was mass kaoss. There was carnige everywhere up the hill with no way around so we decided to just continue the ride at the next trailhead. We got there and the line through for the first hill in was awful but I just sort of found an opening and went for it with Brad coming up and along side me. Well that didn't go good for him as he was cut off by someone who fell and then cut into my line just as i squeeked by him. Later he told me the guy who cut him off fell over onto him and his back was bothering him but he continued to ride. I went buzzing up to the top of the hill through all the downed bikes and waited for the rest of the group but didn't see anyone so I decided to just ride on hoping they were in the confusion just in front of me. I past about 20 or so riders at a fairly quick pace then decided to wait and see who if anyone caught up to me at the next trailhead. After about 7-8 minuets Steve came up and told me he saw Brad and Dave out in front of me after I stopped at the top of the first hill. I told him I doubted that but thought maybe it could have happened that way so we took off again. After riding about 10 miles at a very quick pace I thought there is no way they could be in front of me and Steve and I waited for them to catch up. When we finally got back together and put on another 25-30 miles it started to down pour so we headed back to the trucks with only about 55 miles in total of the possible 100. Steve's knee didn't seem to bother him and he was spot on with his riding as were Brad and Dave.
All in all it was a glorios day of riding with great company.

CRFGuy

Aug 5, 2005
Yesterday's ride

Yesterday's ride was awesome and a trip back into the Hazleton area is always something that puts a smile on my face. It was Matt, Dave, Steve and I. When Steve and I arrived Matt and Dave had already gone out for a warm up, While we were getting geared up another rider named Jim came up and asked if he could joins us, Steve and I both looked at him and his lack of equipment and said yes but that it was going to be a fast paced ride with little or no stopping, Right around that time Matt and Dave showed up and we headed off. We went down Hall road to the trail that crosses over the pipe line then meanders around then out to a T where you can either go up or down and if you go up and take a quick left there is a really nice hill climb and the big rock with a view. At this point I thought everyone including our new friend Jim was doing really good. The next bit of riding was to take that trail all the way back out to Hall road and make a left heading down to the water re tension ponds which are now tanks and some kind of treatment. Well our friend Jim had decided that he was heading back and that he was in over his head. I thought he should stay and that he was doing just fine but he choose to head home. We continued the ride down to the last left and up the really cool hill that takes a sweeping right then left and ends up in a rock pond before continuing out and crossing out over a fire trail. From there we went and did nothing but single track and went out of the old Paragon property heading along 81 going south. Everyone at some point during the day had there Oh Sh-t moment, Steve had a couple of Stimmy crashes that he's so well known for. Matt decided to pull way too much front brake and did an awesome endo as we all came to a stop for a break. Mine was on the way back to the trucks just out on open terrain doing something like 35-40 mph, While trying to pass Dave I hit a large roller rock that pushed my front tire out then my back tire hit and wanted to pass my front, Somehow instinct or self preservation kicked in and I managed to kept it together but for a second or two I thought this was going to hurt! Oh yeah Dave's was back at the truck were someone had pulled their truck up against the door of the port a potty and he was locked in.

Like I said a great day out with the guys!

CRFGuy

Aug 5, 2005
I'm out for this weekend

Need to do some work around the house. Grass is getting out of hand with all the rain. Have fun if anyone rides.

JasonJ

Jun 15, 2001
Well is it in? I just tried my parts today and they wont work. I upgraded the brakes to the larger WR 250 ones a while back. I thought the bracket might be the same but its not. The caliper is the same but the bumped the mount points on the stay out for the larger disc so I ordered some parts. That's what you get for not looking your bike over after a ride. wore the pads down so far they fell out and the disc milled the stay and caliper down. Still cheaper to ride than an orange bike :rotfl:

Kx85Krazy

Mar 14, 2008
We're gonna be at the holton/horseshoe loops near twin lakes today, gotta love the tight stuff

CRFGuy

Aug 5, 2005
One of those blue riders is switching to orange if he comes this weekend. His trusted blue bike is broken so he needs ride one of my toys if he comes and they are orange. There is still some doubt if he'll make it, something about that four letter word that I hate (work) that might keep him away.

Top Bottom