CRFGuy

Aug 5, 2005
9/3/11..............11am Berma rd.

Wow forgot how much work goes into a new bike before you can take it in the rock gardens. I should get it all finished today if the shop doesn't get too crazy. Just to play it safe let's say 11am ready to ride Berma rd. I still have to mount the steering stabilizer, shark fin, and then tweek the suspension a bit. Derrick where the heck have you been? We were all wondering what happened to you. Glad to hear your joining us tomorrow.

CRFGuy

Aug 5, 2005
Tomorrow

The home where my sister is just called and they think that she may have just had a mini stroke and they are taking her to the hospital for a cat scan so I will be up in the air about riding till I know more later

rageracing

Jul 9, 2009
i am good for tomorrow...where do you meet at in new philly? Sorry to hear about your sister gordan...I've had that happen to my grandfather twice and my aunt

dhunts

Mar 7, 2010
Matt refers to it as haul road. He knows the area. I looked at area on Bing maps. the area is the south side of what we know.I will meet you in New Philly. 8-8:15.

Last edited:

CRFGuy

Aug 5, 2005
9/04 berma rd 11am ready to ride

I will be riding the new bike with Steve today if anyone wants to join us. I know it's last minuet but that's just the way things are for me right now.

CRFGuy

Aug 5, 2005
Ride report new bike 2012 KTM 300xcw

WoW did I say WoW I never really expected this bike to live up tp all the hype or out perform my 525 but it does and then some. The extra power yes I did say that is nice and very predictable. The real trick up this bikes sleeve is the shedding of about 50 lbs. This thing is quick and very nimble. I couldn't find anything I didn't like about it other then the flat front tire on the way back to the truck.

CRFGuy

Aug 5, 2005
9/10/11 Berma ready to ride 10am

The new toy wants to get out and strech its legs again this weekend. I'm going to try and dial it in a little better but think it's going to have to have some surgery at Budd's place next week. I seem to be at the limit of the adjusters and I still want more. Seems to be how everything in my life goes.......:) Anyway who wants to ride this weekend?

JasonJ

Jun 15, 2001
I would like to. Just gotta get the right brake pads. Oh and wrap some teflon tape round my sifter, it's getting so sloppy it's hitting the side cover and stopping me from up shifting. Does anyone else wear out the splines alot? I get like 10 rides before I have to file the gap down and add tape.

CRFGuy

Aug 5, 2005
Right now still leaning toward taking the chance at riding and hoping the weather holds out for us. What's everyone else thinking? Jason did you get your pads?

JasonJ

Jun 15, 2001
Yes I got the pad today and got them on and the brakes all beld out with a new caliper and stay. rear brake is not great but the disc is tore up pretty bad, the new pads should weare into it and I can lock it up with alot of effort. I'm good to go.
JG

CRFGuy

Aug 5, 2005
Ride report

Another great fall day and the second ride on the new bike bike. Let's see it was Brad, Matt, Steve and myself. I spent much of the ride dialing in my bike and helping Matt with his. I will say this for the new bike it is the best feeling stock suspension I have riden just slightly too stiff for my taste. I dropped it off at Budds for a going over and we'll see how good he does next week. I expect him to outdo himself yet again. The ride was awesome with more water than I have ever seen up there. At time i thought I was in south jeresy looking out at the bay. Several trails were completely under water. The first loop we usually do as a warm up was where it does the roler coaster thing as you go down and the trail narrows to just more than a bike width was about 3 -4 feet under water. We all made it through including Steve on his mini 450. I tried most of the day to keep us up on high grond after that but we did still have some interesting water crossings. Fun day had by all and will keep you posted on the progress of the new suspension.

JasonJ

Jun 15, 2001
Sorry I had to bail. Opened the back door of the van to throw my gear in and saw the back tire FLAT! Pushed on the tire and herd air coming out. Found a freaking gash in the tread part of the tire and something wrong with the spacer too as the disc bolts are shaving the new stay bracket so it's back into the workshop.

CRFGuy

Aug 5, 2005
You need to be a factory rider like Steve. He just shows up and rides never has to worry about the bike. Wait I want to be like that!

CRFGuy

Aug 5, 2005
9/17 11am ready to ride

Bud tells me that my new suspension will be ready to try out this Sat. Steve, Brad, Dave, Dror, Buddy and I will be riding for sure. How about the rest of you?

Top Bottom