CRFGuy

Aug 5, 2005
All right let's get serious about the new season already. Wait was going to say 10am reay to ride Sat 3/26 but checking waether and looks like a cold front for the area next week with even snow in the forcast. Let's wait till later in the week to commit.

CRFGuy

Aug 5, 2005
Good thing it's spring and warm out there in coal company land (not). I just checked weather for next week and looks like it's going to be cold again but who knows it's a long way off yet, let's keep an eye on it. Figures I bust my hump to get the bikes ready and it's winter again.

JasonJ

Jun 15, 2001
Snafu on my bike. Blasted the swing arm link apart and NONE of the bearings I have are right! Gotta ride over to all balls today with the parts.

CRFGuy

Aug 5, 2005
Won't know untill tomorrow if I can come out and play but hoping for the best. Depends on how my sister is doing and if I can get rides for my mom into the city. Will post sometime in the afternoon but if I go so will Brad and Steve. Will call Matt and Darrell when I know for sure if I can go.

CRFGuy

Aug 5, 2005
Thanks, Andrew can you ride Sunday? How about you Trigger I can show you plenty of water. Even a water fall you can ride behind. Jason can you get the bike fixed and join us? Just heard from Matt and he's up for it.

CRFGuy

Aug 5, 2005
Sorry guys for the late notice but I just got a call from my mom and I need to head into the hospital so won't be able to ride this week. Sister is still not doing well.

CRFGuy

Aug 5, 2005
Hey guy's let's do it! 11am ready to ride Burma Rd. Andrew see you there and take it easy on us we haven't been out yet this year, ok? Looks like Brad, Steve, Andrew and I so far.

CRFGuy

Aug 5, 2005
Looks like I might be able to do this Saturday

Hey guys
Looks like I have rides setup for my mom on Saturday so I might be able to ride if anyone wants to join along. Should be Brad Steve and I so far. Can tell you this we will be doing some trail maintenance. I don't want to see anyone go through what I did Saturday ever again. Lucky for me that spear of a tree hit my collar bone before riding up to my neck or I doubt I'd be alive to talk about it. Still have quite a welt where it hit me but no broken bones and the MRI was clear. Had myself checked out just because it was afecting my voice. Being out front all the time is not always what's it's cracked up to be. When I went down the thought that ran through my head while I was trying to see if that stick actually puntured my neck was. What would happen to my family without me. Very scary and never had that sort of experiance in all my years riding dirt. Brad was only about a minuete or two behind me but if it had puntured I doubt there would have been anything he could have done to help.

I'll be bringing a couple of folding saws with us this ride and if any of you have one please bring it and use it.

JasonJ

Jun 15, 2001
Yeah I remember when RM guy got poked right off his bike by a pike. Caught him right under the armor in the shoulder. His bike went forward and he went backward! Nasty bruise. I know what you mean about being in front but it's not always safer in the pack. I remember you kicking up about a 4 foot stick one time and I watched it fly up in the air and land at 45 degrees in the ground pointed right at me as I came up on it. If it had planted right it would have been bad.

RM_guy

Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 21, 2000
North East USA
I still have a scar where that stick got me. Sacred the crap out of me.

Glad to hear you are OK Gordon

53fireman

Apr 2, 2009
I'm working all day and night Saturday. I could do Sunday. Had a great ride last weekend and looking forward to exploring some new stuff. I think I have a fold up saw, I'll pack it with my stuff for future rides.

CRFGuy

Aug 5, 2005
Sorry Andew it would have to be tomorrow for me but not sure I can do it myself right now so I think I'll just take the week off and give my neck another week to heal. Let's all plan on next Sat for a good long ride. I'll show you some more new stuff on the other side of the valley that I pointed out to you. Be prepared for some off camber hills with technical climbs. YOU"LL DO Fine! Jason you should show up this will be an area you haven't seen yet. Darrell this gives you anothr week to get better if you haven't done that already so no excuses. Talked to Matt and he won't be able to join us till sometime in June. He's either in SC or Upstate NY working hail damage vehicals.

CRFGuy

Aug 5, 2005
Still want to ride Saturday but it doesn't look like the weather will cooperate with us. Lets see what it says tomorrow before we commit. Darrell are you in for this weekend and what are the local weather guys saying?

Top Bottom